Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

7 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Sounds a way to still piss people off 

Actually sounds much better than the alternative, be honest and upfront with people.

3 players are going as emergencies basically - and they should know that.

I think this is great man management, it’s not a surprise when the first squad list is announced.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Appreciate it's a lose lose for all involved if that's the stance.  Sure the players/clubs of the "useless three" will be delighted given the lack of break last summer.

3 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Appreciate it's a lose lose for all involved if that's the stance.  Sure the players/clubs of the "useless three" will be delighted given the lack of break last summer.

not really - they will still be required to be in full training rather than the 'keep yourself fit' if they were at home on standby

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

I know it’s a World Cup but I’m sure if you were told you were going to be a standby you’d probably rather be off on a yacht in Dubai with all your mates. 

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

Actually sounds much better than the alternative, be honest and upfront with people.

3 players are going as emergencies basically - and they should know that.

I think this is great man management, it’s not a surprise when the first squad list is announced.

Why deny someone the chance to fight for a place.  Bonkers.  I worry about southgate. 

34 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I know it’s a World Cup but I’m sure if you were told you were going to be a standby you’d probably rather be off on a yacht in Dubai with all your mates. 

33 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Being on standby was common for major tournaments until about 94/96. 

We've heard from players on numerous podcasts/post retiring that when you're told you aren't playing you train and prepare differently. Mentally in a different space which is hard to switch if there's a last minute change 

54 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

We've heard from players on numerous podcasts/post retiring that when you're told you aren't playing you train and prepare differently. Mentally in a different space which is hard to switch if there's a last minute change 

Agreed. I mean just  look at vards, he clearly didnt enjoy his time with england and he actually had a bit part role. I dont think we live in a world where the players are just desperate to be involved any more. Best case scenario, these guys get bumped to the bench and still wont play 

5 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

If they don't move the Champions League Final now Turkey is on the red list, Gareth won't have 26 players available to select, they'll still be in quarantine hotels.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

If they don't move the Champions League Final now Turkey is on the red list, Gareth won't have 26 players available to select, they'll still be in quarantine hotels.

The government have really dropped UEFA in it. I am sure they purposely put Turkey on the red list because of this match, no doubt. Now they are making the most of the opportunity and trying to bring the game to the UK. If not, blame UEFA for no fans of the 2 clubs being in attendance in Turkey.

6 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

I doubt he's got that many concerns really lol 

It's basically a home Euros, so it's not like you're dragging people across the continent for no reason.

Players (especially the younger ones) should be happy to be in the squad for a major tournament to gain experience of how it all works.

47 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

If the players and staff are allowed to travel, what’s the chances that some of the players could pick it up and then take the virus to their national team bubbles post final ?? Surely uefa should be conscious of the risk this poses to their euro tournament??? 

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If the players and staff are allowed to travel, what’s the chances that some of the players could pick it up and then take the virus to their national team bubbles post final ?? Surely uefa should be conscious of the risk this poses to their euro tournament??? 

You have just used UEFA and conscious in the same sentence.

On 03/05/2021 at 21:34, simFox said:

Think we're going to regret drawing with Southampton. 

On 03/05/2021 at 21:41, Aus Fox said:

In the same way Chelsea will regret losing to WBA, West Ham will regret losing to Newcastle, Liverpool will regret drawing with Newcastle and Leeds, Spurs will regret drawing with Everton.

Some of you need to get a grip and realise this is football, no team wins every game! 
All results are possible in any premier league game and at the end of 38 games everyone will be where they deserve to be.

Probably regret tonight more though. 

2 minutes ago, simFox said:

Probably regret tonight more though. 

You know what’s worse than the performance tonight? 
The amount of ‘fans’ who are absolutely loving it!

With comments like this you’ve proved yourself to be a complete ****

Just now, Aus Fox said:

You know what’s worse than the performance tonight? 
The amount of ‘fans’ who are absolutely loving it!

With comments like this you’ve proved yourself to be a complete ****

Eh? Not loving it one bit mate, at all. 

Worst but is that I work overseas so have to listen to all manner of supporters,  mostly Chelsea.