Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

33 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I can't stand Birmingham personally but that's more down to them being a scummy little club with scummy fans who've never won anything. 

They won the league cup not long back didn’t they? When was the last time wolves won something apart from the championship title? 

19 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

They won the league cup not long back didn’t they? When was the last time wolves won something apart from the championship title? 

First game I can ever remember. on TV. Forest v Wolves League cup final 1980, I think. 

Howler between Shilts and Dave Needham - both Leicester lads playing for that red filth- gifted Wolves the cup. 

Emlyn Hughes lifting the cup before his transfer to question of sport! 

20 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Looks bad in slow-mo but I think that’s harsh to be a red myself he’s going to miss 3 games now when he’s clearly won the ball 

should be red for the wolves player running into it.  won it half an hour before he made contact lol 

Edited by don_danbury
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Tbh I was just being mischievous as I know you consider Forest and Derby as your local rivals. 

Our rivals are WBA and Villa. I can't stand Birmingham personally but that's more down to them being a scummy little club with scummy fans who've never won anything. 

Walsall fans like to think we are their rivals too but they are having a laugh. We've barely played them in the last decade. 

I'm actually quite fond of Leicester as they are a well run club and have good players and play good football. Though I confess I like putting one over on you guys because I work with loads of Leicester fans. 

I remember Wolves being a big club in the 1950s when Billy Wright played for them. When I worked in Birmingham a Walsall supporter did say that their local rivals were Wolves. Villa fans dismissed Brum and considered West Brom  rivals and vice versa. They both dismissed Wolves as from 1980 - 2000 they were not a consideration. During this time I remember many games when Steve Walsh and  Steve Bull regularly kicked the sh*t out of each other. I never forgave Wolves taking the Doog from us  when he carried on scoring goals for fun.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

Shame this one wasn't on regular Sky. We're battering Palace. Actual attacking football for a change. 

Still got out possessed by the team that are notorious for never having any possession ever. Still smashing long balls forward to Jiminez and by passing the midfield?

Ps I didn't watch any of your game tonight so I am only joking. But being out possessed by Palace is poor but the 2-0 scoreline is what's most important 

1 hour ago, jammie82uk said:

Looks bad in slow-mo but I think that’s harsh to be a red myself he’s going to miss 3 games now when he’s clearly won the ball 

Yeah I thought he won the ball first too, admittedly the ankle bend at the end looked nasty but it’s not like he missed the ball completely.

• Like 1

I'm starting to dislike Wolves more than Forest or Derby, mainly because I respect Wolves and take them seriously as Midlands rivals, let's be honest they're the closest rivals we have in this league? Villa?

Although some of the dislike is based on how dogshit their percentage football is.

Worst team though by far is Burnley, stain on the game.

Never get Leicester fans who hate Man U, Chelsea, Spurs and co, they're dislikeable but not for Leicester reasons!!

6 hours ago, The Bear said:

Tbh I was just being mischievous as I know you consider Forest and Derby as your local rivals. 

Our rivals are WBA and Villa. I can't stand Birmingham personally but that's more down to them being a scummy little club with scummy fans who've never won anything. 

Walsall fans like to think we are their rivals too but they are having a laugh. We've barely played them in the last decade. 

I'm actually quite fond of Leicester as they are a well run club and have good players and play good football. Though I confess I like putting one over on you guys because I work with loads of Leicester fans. 

Most Leicester fans I don’t know really care about those 2 tinpot 70s wasters. They have done f all in the 90s f all in the 2000s and f all in the 2010s. Derby are known to be the worst team in Prem history.

Its all about history. I’d say Forest came up in 2021 and Derby didn’t come up until 2050. Leicester and Forest would be the main one. The younger kids would buy into it and then in the future everyone would be like ‘know one cares about Derby’.
It’s all about the present. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, twister said:

Even after two votes the greedy ****ers still want five subs in the league

No to this and no again **** the big 6 **** them once twice and three times over

**** united **** city **** chelsea 

They should be complaining about all the Internationals that's the cause of a lot of injuries. 

Soyuncu, Castagne and Evans - all played or involved in Internationals all suffering from injuries - Coincidence?

10 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Still got out possessed by the team that are notorious for never having any possession ever. Still smashing long balls forward to Jiminez and by passing the midfield?

Ps I didn't watch any of your game tonight so I am only joking. But being out possessed by Palace is poor but the 2-0 scoreline is what's most important 

They had spells of possession once we went 2-0 up and started conserving energy. Before that it was 60/30 in our favour. 

10 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

Yeah I thought he won the ball first too, admittedly the ankle bend at the end looked nasty but it’s not like he missed the ball completely.

Winning the ball means nothing nowadays if you have gone flying in. The follow through was enough to nearly break Moutinho's ankle and it was out of control. 

IMG_20201031_094729.jpg