Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

4 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I've bever lived in Leicestershire but I always thought the rivalry question depended on where someone lived in Leicestershire in respect of the individual's proximity to Derby / Nottingham / Coventry?

Can do yeah. I mean that's not really set in stone but it does tend to make an impact. 

Makes sense I suppose, if you live in Loughborough and know more Notts Forest fans then you're probably going to find them more annoying than Cov etc 

Are you lot still under the delusion that Forest and Derby give a shit about playing Leicester? 

I'm mates with both Forest and Derby STHs and they all only care about each other. They think Leicester hating them both is weird. 

Bit like Walsall apparently hating Wolves. Which is just odd. 

Edited by The Bear

7 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Are you lot still under the delusion that Forest and Derby give a shit about playing Leicester? 

I'm mates with both Forest and Derby STHs and they all only care about each other. They think Leicester hating them both is weird. 

They definitely have a fierce rivalry that is nowhere near that of facing us but I've been to enough games vs both of them and there is rivalry and animosity especially vs Forest. I am from nearer to Warwickshire so I've always detested Coventry more than both those pieces of shit anyway but there's still a bit of needle and always will be, its convenient for them to both dismiss us as anything to them.

• Like 1

Wolves fan, Forest fan and a Derby fan sit at a bar - Wolves fan "what yas think about Leicester then?", Derby fan "I definitely don't care at all, not one bit, great bunch on lads, loved it when Steve Walsh eviscerated my very soul at Wembley". Forest fan "Well y'know we've won the European Cup twice, so for a team like Leicester to chirp up feels smalltime to me, it's all about Liverpool & the Cloughy trophy. I mean who are Leicester anyway? I definitely do not care, at all. Not one bit, about Leicester".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Oh to have this level of restraint. 

That said, I'm infinitely better than I was. I was 18/20 when I first joined here and I was much worse. I've definitely mellowed. 

It's taken me a long time - I'm 50, and we change. Some more reluctantly than others, but for me there's nothing more depressing than a man my age (or older) who refuses to become wiser with time.

16 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I might be biased but the Forest/Derby rivalry is the strangest one in English football and mainly based on wan king each other off.

Its like they've come to some sort of gentleman's agreement that they'll show how 'passionately' they hate each other in an attempt to stay relevant. I mean, they even sing songs at their derbies about how much they only care about each other and how apparently irrelevant we are.

Bit like going on a date with some stinker but hammering on to her about you dont care about your stunning ex anymore.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, The Bear said:

The weirdest thing is their infatuation with each other. Imagine supposedly being huge rivals with each other and then both singing 'It's Forest and Derby, you're all on your own'. They love each other really because their main purpose for the last 20 years is to serve each other some interest (Derby at least served to make everyone feel better about themselves for a season)

Of course, we get the last laugh because we're operating in a completely different world from both of them and the shambles of how they're both run probably means that's likely to endure for a while. We are on our own.

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

It’s not quite the same as Walsall though is it? They are pretty shit and generally have been compared to Wolves. Leicester have been better than Forest and Derby for the best part of 35 years and, before the seventies, were often at a similar level. 

The Forest v Derby exclusive rivalry is one born from desperation. A reminder that for a brief time in the late seventies their rivalry meant something.

Personally I’ve never understood the desperation to build up a rivalry with single teams as I don’t think it’s in the LCFC dna. What I would say though is that any desperation from Leicester fans to claim Derby or Forest as rivals pales into insignificance compared to their desperation to tell us that we’re not their rivals. 

Edited by Jobyfox

Am sure 'they do care' underneath - jealous that we had/have fantastic owners whilst they too billionaire owners, but they have ones who are risking their club's futures in not knowing how to run a football properly and sensibly it seems..:thumbup:

But don't ask me why I care about them appearing not to care when they perhaps very much do..:blink::whistle:

Edited by Wymsey
  • Haha 1

Wolves are playing some good stuff today, possession is about even but creating some chances. 

@TheBear interesting to hear you words on rivalries, I think every one of us has our own rivalry for various reasons. As said previously, we haven't really played Derby, Forest and Cov recently but they are all adjoining and when we do play them it is big for that reason. Mine is Chelsea, mainly cos I've been pinged twice down Stamford Bridge 😂 out of curiosity, who are your main rivals? 

• Like 3

Tbh I was just being mischievous as I know you consider Forest and Derby as your local rivals. 

Our rivals are WBA and Villa. I can't stand Birmingham personally but that's more down to them being a scummy little club with scummy fans who've never won anything. 

Walsall fans like to think we are their rivals too but they are having a laugh. We've barely played them in the last decade. 

I'm actually quite fond of Leicester as they are a well run club and have good players and play good football. Though I confess I like putting one over on you guys because I work with loads of Leicester fans. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Tbh I was just being mischievous as I know you consider Forest and Derby as your local rivals. 

Our rivals are WBA and Villa. I can't stand Birmingham personally but that's more down to them being a scummy little club with scummy fans who've never won anything. 

Walsall fans like to think we are their rivals too but they are having a laugh. We've barely played them in the last decade. 

I'm actually quite fond of Leicester as they are a well run club and have good players and play good football. Though I confess I like putting one over on you guys because I work with loads of Leicester fans. 

Haha I know you were, you definitely get under the skin of some on here 😂

That's the thing about football, everyone dislikes different teams for different reasons and have their own opinions. I always felt WBA were your big rivals to be fair, although like us I can the reasons others would be Villa or Brum. I think Derby and Forest actually love each other, it's so weird how far they go to make out how insignificant we are to them. It's just pure jealousy. Neither side have reached the heights that we have in my 35 years watching City, and their jealousy is plain to see. 

I actually don't mind Wolves, they are another team trying to break the mould of the perceived big 6 and you are currently being successful at it. Long may it continue, as long as its not at the detriment of us 😂

Edited by Staff
Miss type
  • Like 1