Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

19 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm one of those haha. 

I get very emotionally invested in everything, probably why I spend most of my life very angry. Some of its my mental health, its a result of Splitting. 

I tend to really either LOVE or HATE things and given that you can only truly love one football club, that's a lot of others to hate. 

I could give you a list of reason I intense dislike almost every other club in the Premier league and most of the championship. If one of their fans once insulted Leicester on social media, that's enough for me, hope they lose forever. I'm well aware how ludicrous it often is. 

It's not weird at all. Football provokes strong emotions in people

32 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

There's some folk on here that seem to hate absolutely every single other club with a passion, no matter how big or small lol

weird

That's us mate, I tried to explain to an Irish chap on holiday once (and I think you may be similar?) that we don't give a shit about religion. We hate the next town over. Local rivals, historical rivals, teams who who beat us. Teams we beat. 

Basically all football related 😂 weird it may seem. To me it just is what it is. 

You've pretty much hit the nail on the head. Whilst there are people on here that are above those petty thoughts. I (and many others on here, are not) 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm one of those haha. 

I get very emotionally invested in everything, probably why I spend most of my life very angry. Some of its my mental health, its a result of Splitting. 

I tend to really either LOVE or HATE things and given that you can only truly love one football club, that's a lot of others to hate. 

I could give you a list of reason I intense dislike almost every other club in the Premier league and most of the championship. If one of their fans once insulted Leicester on social media, that's enough for me, hope they lose forever. I'm well aware how ludicrous it often is. 

Glad (and proof that) I'm certainly not the only one. 😂🤪🤪🤐🤐

28 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm one of those haha. 

During a quiet period of close season or an international break, I think I speak on behalf of most of the forum when I say I'd genuinely be keen to hear these. 

I do enjoy a Finnegan rant: a quality blend of cold hard facts and raw aggression. It's good for the soul. 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

That's us mate, I tried to explain to an Irish chap on holiday once (and I think you may be similar?) that we don't give a shit about religion. We hate the next town over. Local rivals, historical rivals, teams who who beat us. Teams we beat. 

Basically all football related 😂 weird it may seem. To me it just is what it is. 

You've pretty much hit the nail on the head. Whilst there are people on here that are above those petty thoughts. I (and many others on here, are not) 

Don't get me wrong there are plenty of teams I hate, purely for footballing reasons of course but equally there are tons of teams I'm just meh about and tons others that I probably forget even exist!

Was just quite a funny observation my original post, wasn't having a pop or anything.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Don't get me wrong there are plenty of teams I hate, purely for footballing reasons of course but equally there are tons of teams I'm just meh about and tons others that I probably forget even exist!

Was just quite a funny observation my original post, wasn't having a pop or anything.

Back pedal all you want, Celtic just made my shit list 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Oh what a night

Off to Athens on a Thursday night

while you drew with Luton 

cos your fooking shite

what a feeling

what a night

Man Utd song though :/

9 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'm in the @Muzzy_Larsson camp on this but I appreciate the honesty of @Finnegan and @gw_leics772. It's not that I'm above it - a bit of pantomime hatred of Derby was fun back in the day - but my mental health takes precedence nowadays. Practising my latent anger (and I have plenty) does me no good at all.

Oh to have this level of restraint. 

That said, I'm infinitely better than I was. I was 18/20 when I first joined here and I was much worse. I've definitely mellowed. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Man Utd song though :/

They all come from somewhere.. Move on! 🤪

And as much as it gripes they do (/did) still have some of the best away support ever with excellent songwriting skills. I now laugh at my younger self's reaction to "we all agree, united are bigger/better than England" (easier to laugh now that I genuinely think you can replace the word united with Leicester {and probably 90% of the Premier league teams} {"except Burnley, I ****ing hate Burnley"} and Fulham of course) 

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Oh to have this level of restraint. 

That said, I'm infinitely better than I was. I was 18/20 when I first joined here and I was much worse. I've definitely mellowed. 

Just checked, I was 30, and I've definitely mellowed since then as well 😂 (some of us mature later than others 🤪

Edited by gw_leics772

1 hour ago, LCCFox96 said:

I do enjoy a Finnegan rant: a quality blend of cold hard facts and raw aggression.

An acquired taste … which I have gradually picked up myself.

That said, I’ve also gained a taste for certain aromatic cheeses said to “mellow” with age …   :claude:

• Haha 1

I genuinely have no ill will towards Derby. Never liked Cov, which is strange because I'm not from the end of the county where that's the norm. I've grown to dislike Forest over the years.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Did I just get compared to moldy fvcking cheese by some Yank? 

I thought Americans left cheese to mature in an aerosol tin to make cheese in a can tbqh, so I wouldn't take it too personally. 

• Haha 1

Having grown up away from the area it’s only really Forest I have a disliking to as it’s always been the one that’s been drilled into me in various ways.

Cov I see as somewhat irrelevant as a club and like @Webbo I have nothing against Derby really - wanted them to beat Forest the other night. 

• Like 1