Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

No sympathy at all for Lookman, and I hope the hugs on the pitch are for show, because if I was a Fulham fan I'd hope he's getting torn to shreads by his team mates in the dressing room. 

Try that shit at 4-0 up. Even try it at 0-0 early in the game. But in the very last minute a goal down or level, you just have hit a well and true and try and beat the keeper. If its a good effort and he saves it, fair play, but you can't be dinking it or missing the target.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

No sympathy at all for Lookman, and I hope the hugs on the pitch are for show, because if I was a Fulham fan I'd hope he's getting torn to shreads by his team mates in the dressing room. 

Try that shit at 4-0 up. Even try it at 0-0 early in the game. But in the very last minute a goal down or level, you just have hit a well and true and try and beat the keeper. If its a good effort and he saves it, fair play, but you can't be dinking it or missing the target.

Especially when you're early relegation contenders looking for any point you can scrape.  Nuts behaviour.

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

There are lots of moments over a season where you go what if? 
But come May if Fulham do go down by a point or on GD then there he is cost them millions. 
What was he thinking?

Most players miss a penalty at some point, but if the keeper makes a save or you leather it and it goes over or whatever it happens you move on.

At this point Lookman has put his ego above the club and all the jobs that go with it.

If I were his manager or teammate, I think I’d lose my shit with him after that. 

Kermit v Knocky.

Still feel for Knocky, still bitter with Kermit.

It’s one of those instances where the optics are dreadful but ultimately it’s no different to any other poor penalty and I don’t feel it should be treated any differently.

Case in point being Kermogant and Knockaert. Never really understood why Kermogant got the treatment he got and Knockaert got he complete opposite. Both were

7 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

It’s one of those instances where the optics are dreadful but ultimately it’s no different to any other poor penalty and I don’t feel it should be treated any differently.

Case in point being Kermogant and Knockaert. Never really understood why Kermogant got the treatment he got and Knockaert got he complete opposite. Both were

Think its the arrogance that can seem disrespectful to the club and fans. I don't think Kermogant and Knockaert can be judged the same. One was a dreadful decision and other was just poor execution 

A very interesting season. I am fascinated by how this season pans out. I think the lack of a pre-season may still have an impact moving forward with player injuries etc. On top of that, the fact that games are being played in front of no fans is going to have a massive effect on some players. It will be very interesting to see who thrives in this environment and is less effective when fans return and vice versa. If I was a scouting department at the minute I would definitely undertaking analysis of player performance with and without fans with the notion of doing the right business when fans return to stadia. 

Edited by lcfc81
Needed to add a few words so the post made sense!

59 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Can you imagine if Leo had tried this during the 16 West Ham game. I would have been mad even if it had gone in 

It was just such an awful execution, the same as Kermorgant, if he'd executed the chip properly it would've gone in as he dived, it was just so tame. There's definitely a case for going down the middle a lot but that was a terrible penalty.

I watched the Fulham v West Ham game on a stream, which cut out on 87 minutes.  I didn’t bother trying to get a new stream because it had been a pretty rank game.  Nothing much looked like it was going to happen.  

Then I went to bed and so missed MOTD as it was on late.

I just checked out this thread, then I looked up what happened.

Wow.

That’s amazing.  Lookman gets paid to play football and he did that.  :jawdrop:

5 hours ago, MPH said:

Tottenham Hotspur and England striker Harry Kane, 27, believes Spurs have a good chance of winning a wide-open title race this season. (Sunday Mirror)

hahahahahahahahaha!

I know we generally dont like Spurs on here but I dont think there is much wrong what he actually said, particularly if it was a response to a question.

Kane said: “When you look at the ability of our squad, you would definitely say we’ve got enough to win a title.

But I’d also say we’ve been close over the last four, five years but just haven’t quite got over the line.

So it’s not as easy as just having a good squad and winning a few games to challenge for title 

This is a season where I don’t think one team's going to run away with it like Liverpool did last year.

“So there are going to be opportunities for other teams to put good runs together and get right up the table.

“We’ve got to make sure we don’t get carried away either.

“We know we’ve been playing well, we’ve been winning games.

“The last two games have been good for confidence, just to grind out results and to get good, ugly wins under our belt, because that’s what we’re going to need.

“There are going to be times when we’re 1-0 up with 10 minutes to go or 2-1 up and we need to see the game out, which we didn’t do early on in the season.

“So, that’s been pleasing but, look, there’s a long way to go — we have to see where we are come February or March and go from there.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

Knockaert definitely got off lightly, considering he'd taken the ball off the regular taker and demanded to take it himself before missing. It was a poor penalty and he fluffed the rebound but I can see why people would rather that than trying anything stupid. Definitely see your point and personally I wasn't much angrier at Kermorgant than him. I think the pure shock of what followed saved Knockaert because the penalty miss was lost in the noise.

The hatred for Spurs on here, is quite staggering 😄

Although everyone's entitled to an opinion. 

Kane hasn't said anything you wouldn't expect from a captain from a top club (and they are) 

They have got everything you need to be challenging at the end, manager, elite strikers, good all round first 11, and now, a pretty strong bench. 

They could 'do a spurs' of course, but the way people dismiss them is laughable. 

Chelsea have taken our best players, several times over recent times and I can still remember well what utter baskets their fans  were, over many decades in the city centre, Filbert St and the KP. 

And they'll be back to get talent from us again, you can be sure of that. 

And yet nothing negative seems to be said on here about them. 😄

• Like 1