Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

The problem with a penalty like that is if it goes wrong there's no second chance, if you like. It's unlikely the keeper will parry it back out, unlikely he'll let it through him and it's a fortunate goal, you really have to get it well away from the keeper and it might go in or get real height on it.

I'm not one of those who believes whack it and what happens, happens but any sort of pace on a shot will give you a greater chance.

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

Knockaert definitely got off lightly, considering he'd taken the ball off the regular taker and demanded to take it himself before missing. It was a poor penalty and he fluffed the rebound but I can see why people would rather that than trying anything stupid. Definitely see your point and personally I wasn't much angrier at Kermorgant than him. I think the pure shock of what followed saved Knockaert because the penalty miss was lost in the noise.

Who did he take it off? There wasn’t actually anyone who wanted to step up and take it if I remember correctly. Harry Kane might have wanted it but other than that no one else was forthcoming. 

The following season Nugent started being the regular taker.

16 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Who did he take it off? There wasn’t actually anyone who wanted to step up and take it if I remember correctly. Harry Kane might have wanted it but other than that no one else was forthcoming. 

To my memory Nugent was on the spot ready to take it and Knockaert ignored calls to hand it over? Perhaps I'm wrong.

17 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Just looking back as I didn't even know who our regular taker was for 12/13 season.

We only had 5 penalties all season!

Scored 3 of them - Marshall, Nugent, Wood.

Missed 2 - Wood and Knockaert.

3 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

That disallowed Bamford goal lol

Surely that rule needs to change? 

You're not gaining any advantage positionally from pointing into the space. Unreal 

It's going to up to the players to do something about it, the FA aren't going to listen and nothing can be done retrospectively. It's fairly obvious that the VAR officials either don't know the rules or are attempting to fix games. Bamford can moan all he likes but it's going to need players action to get the bigwigs to take notice. How about teams walking off a few times or refusing to play unless it is scrapped. 

Ain't even bothered about Spurs being in the hunt anymore. The joke about them being perennial bridesmaids was more funny because of the media w*nkfest over how brilliant Poch was. In a way, it would be funny if Mourinho manages in two seasons what he failed to do in half a decade with their supposed golden generation. It annoys those for whom the narrative and conventional wisdom is that José is past it and incapable of taking teams forward.

We'll always be 'waiting for you', even if they do eventually get their hands on silverware.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1

Just now, RonnieTodger said:

Spurs are shit aren’t they 

They are today.  Son is playing like there's soju in his water bottle.

Still expect them to nick it on a dodgy pen about 84'.

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, KingsX said:

They are today.  Son is playing like there's soju in his water bottle.

Still expect them to nick it on a dodgy pen about 84'.

Yeah can see a late Spurs winner, unfortunately.