Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

I really do not like teams below is literally within touching distance to us in 4th. We’ve really messed up our lead again like last year. Big performance and statement needed on the weekend against Jose and spuds. No excuses

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Is McGoldrick the worst striker in the league?

McGoldrick is massive to the way Sheffield United play. Hes like our version of Okazaki. He sets the tempo for pressing and is actually decent at holding the ball up. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Anglodanglo said:

Utd's away form is the only club that betters ours: Utd 1st - Lcfc 2nd

Their home form is even more dodgy than ours: Utd 17th - Lcfc 9th

I've just seen that too. Bizarre isn't it. They've only scored 3 goals at home all season too (2 were pens) yet away they have a 100% record. It must be a mental thing.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I've just seen that too. Bizarre isn't it. They've only scored 3 goals at home all season too (2 were pens) yet away they have a 100% record. It must be a mental thing.

No fans :dunno: there is no home advantage, it’s just a coincidence 

39 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Pal of mine is a journalist in Sheffield with no allegiance to either club.

Reckons that Chris Wilder is under very little pressure from fans.

Much better than us then when we were languishing in the great escape season :ph34r:

10 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Not surprised, he did such a brilliant job in taking them from outside the League One play-offs to top half in the Premier League. He's probably the best man to bring them back. I'm sure Burnley were similar with Dyche a few years ago. Plenty were still behind Pearson even though we were bottom of the table.

Nothing wrong with backing the manager during tough times.

10 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I'm not a million miles from the city and have a few Blades near me. I think it's similar to the Bournemouth situation, in that the fans are just grateful for SOMETHING. Especially with it being over the Owls. 

From what I've seen of Sheff Utd they havent been that bad, its just the small differences on the pitch that have added up into narrow defeats to everyone.

Think they'll still go down as they have too much to claw back but will end up with a points total in the 20s.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, filbertway said:

McGoldrick is massive to the way Sheffield United play. Hes like our version of Okazaki. He sets the tempo for pressing and is actually decent at holding the ball up. 

Yep. I like McGoldrick and he doesn't play out and out up top. His link up play is nice.

24 minutes ago, Nalis said:

From what I've seen of Sheff Utd they havent been that bad, its just the small differences on the pitch that have added up into narrow defeats to everyone.

Think they'll still go down as they have too much to claw back but will end up with a points total in the 20s.

When you rely so much on defence/clean sheets like they did last season, and can't score too, it's a disaster.

Some shocking signings in the summer again too, absolutely wasting money.

Edited by Fox92

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Klopp is so salty about the 5 sub rule being voted out again. Basically started slating how the league votes on things. 

But we'll leave out how he didn't use a single sub vs Spurs. Course it's all about player welfare 

Bloke is a total knobber. 

Klopp has a far bigger ego than Rodgers, but it’s not framed that way because the football media here love Klopp’s “passion” and “heated interviews”. He wants any rule he can to be ripped up in his self interest.

54 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Klopp is so salty about the 5 sub rule being voted out again. Basically started slating how the league votes on things. 

But we'll leave out how he didn't use a single sub vs Spurs. Course it's all about player welfare 

I still remember forum posters bringing up Klopp's name as a potential Leicester manager, with others correctly stating he would never come to the midlands.

At this point I am extremely happy the willy puller isn't and won't ever be the Leicester manager.  I understand the 'us vs them' method of managing, but he takes it to ridiculous extremes.

No, Juergen, Liverpool are not a small club, and no, not everyone is out to get you.

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Not surprised, he did such a brilliant job in taking them from outside the League One play-offs to top half in the Premier League. He's probably the best man to bring them back. I'm sure Burnley were similar with Dyche a few years ago. Plenty were still behind Pearson even though we were bottom of the table.

Nothing wrong with backing the manager during tough times.

Most Leicester fans wanted Ranieri sacked by January 2017, and we lost 5 in a row. Granted, the circumstances were different as we went from 1st to 17th in six months but we still wanted our most successful manager  fired. 

I'm amazed more Sheffield United fans don't want him sacked. 1 point in 13 games is totally unacceptable and a stackable offence.