Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

6 minutes ago, Koke said:

Most Leicester fans wanted Ranieri sacked by January 2017, and we lost 5 in a row. Granted, the circumstances were different as we went from 1st to 17th in six months but we still wanted our most successful manager  fired. 

I'm amazed more Sheffield United fans don't want him sacked. 1 point in 13 games is totally unacceptable and a stackable offence. 

Especially when some of the blame must lie with the manager, because Sheffield United play some disgusting football.

36 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Klopp has a far bigger ego than Rodgers, but it’s not framed that way because the football media here love Klopp’s “passion” and “heated interviews”. He wants any rule he can to be ripped up in his self interest.

I don't believe he's that bothered by it, but it creates a lot of noise. Plus the cult followers will latch on to it. He could say they should play every game at 3am on a Thursday morning and they'd agree and slag off anyone who said different.

No doubt we'll have another "amazing" rant at BT tomorrow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Klopp is so salty about the 5 sub rule being voted out again. Basically started slating how the league votes on things. 

But we'll leave out how he didn't use a single sub vs Spurs. Course it's all about player welfare 

While origi, neco williams,minamino are so tired from all the non games they have played

We know the truth and that includes the parasites that call themselfs journalists who back five subs.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

No fans :dunno: there is no home advantage, it’s just a coincidence 

I think this might be less about home teams having lost an advantage but more about away teams having lost a disadvantage. Teams come away to teams and don't have any fans up against them or shouting abuse, getting in their faces. Less intimidating so they play with a bit more freedom.

Home teams should still have an advantage because they are playing at a place and a surface/pitch they are used to. I really don't think fans make a huge difference at a lot of clubs. Man Utd in particular. Leeds, Sheff Utd, maybe us, I think fans could have an impact. It's something that is really hard to measure and justify either way.

6 hours ago, Koke said:

Most Leicester fans wanted Ranieri sacked by January 2017, and we lost 5 in a row. Granted, the circumstances were different as we went from 1st to 17th in six months but we still wanted our most successful manager  fired. 

I'm amazed more Sheffield United fans don't want him sacked. 1 point in 13 games is totally unacceptable and a stackable offence. 

Thankfully there are some football fans out there that can see the bigger picture and don’t pile on their manager based on the latest run of form, but can see what they bring to a club as a whole.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

So Kopp asked for 5 subs, now he's been allowed to name 9, even though he can only use 3, he's named two keepers. I'd have thought he'd want as many options to rest his tired players.

He's just mardy that he can't have his own way. Always has been. 

11 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Fair play to Hodgson though - couldn't abide him with England but he really unfairly gets included in that merry-go-round list of names like Pardew, Hughes and Pulis.

Not mad on Palace but they're never in any danger of going down.

Agreed. I said it on here when he was linked with us (Shakespeare sacking I think?). Got laughed at. 

I wouldn’t want him but he’s a steady club manager and certainly better than those like Pardew you mentioned.

He did solid jobs at WBA and Fulham in recent years.

9 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Cant see past Liverpool again this season

Same. Great side. That third goal was superb, the ball and Firminho’s touch, but the second from Mane was deadly too.