Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

Are Villa title contenders? If they win both games in hand they are comfortably second.

Their next few fixtures are against sides at the top.

Chelsea, Man Utd, Spurs and Everton.

Ask again after those.

Just now, Abrasive fox said:

Their next few fixtures are tough games, still to play man utd, Chelsea, spurs and everton. If they're still in it after that then you'd say so but I can't see it. Still massively reliant on grealish.

Just now, Vacamion said:

Their next few fixtures are against sides at the top.

Chelsea, Man Utd, Spurs and Everton.

Ask again after those.

Jinx!   lol

This game in a nutshell is why I reckon Arteta will have a tidy career and Lamps is going to just be the new Tim Sherwood.

Arsenal have such an unbelievably diabolical squad that a lot of the recent criticism has just seemed wildly unfair for a guy thrown in the deep end at the start of his career. 

It's seriously a championship squad with the odd one or two "top six" players in it. 

By contrast, Lampard has one of the most expensively assembled squads the league has ever seen and he's got no idea what the hell to do with it. Absolutely inept manager. 

• Like 2

I don't think Chelsea ever really saw Lampard as a long-term idea- he came in when they were selling Hazard and had a transfer ban so his first season could be excused. Now they've chucked an absolute fortune during a depressed market at the squad so if it doesn't go well, they have an excuse to bin a club legend whilst also having an exciting squad for a new, probably better qualified manager to take over.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Corky said:

I don't think Chelsea ever really saw Lampard as a long-term idea- he came in when they were selling Hazard and had a transfer ban so his first season could be excused. Now they've chucked an absolute fortune during a depressed market at the squad so if it doesn't go well, they have an excuse to bin a club legend whilst also having an exciting squad for a new, probably better qualified manager to take over.

Sarri was infintly better but got slandered from day one. Lampard has proven he can't organise a defence..I was fearful they would steamroll us and finish way ahead of us after the summer they had but they are too shambolic at the back to do anything serious.

Edited by Koke
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Man City v Newcastle or Sheffield Utd v Everton. ... Think i will go with the Everton game and hope SU, can turn themselves around and get something from the game. Can't see Newcastle getting anything from their game. 

This was also my line of thinking.

Gwon t' Blades

• Like 1