Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

11 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

If Sheff United don't get rid of Wilder they could genuinely be one of the worst Prem teams ever (19 points or less)

I reckon he'll be gone by next week. They need to spend in January and I don't think they'll trust Wilder with the money.

2 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I reckon he'll be gone by next week. They need to spend in January and I don't think they'll trust Wilder with the money.

They're as good as down already I think barring Great Escape Mk 2. What players are available to them in January that will a) want to go there and b) be good enough to get them up the table? Might as well let Wilder go down with the ship and reassess in the summer.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, LestaAl said:

I guess we should enjoy Spurs at 8th in the table on Boxing Day night.

No doubt they will improve...

They win their game in hand and they’re above us. Could easily win our matches and still be down to 7th

10 hours ago, AjcW said:

I have no issue with a team playing like that doing well. Sorry.

I love Carlo, he should still be the Chelsea manager but no... 'good football' was needed.

When did just winning and being successful become so unattractive? 

I've loved watching Atleti over the last few years for the same reason... actually think there's pleasure to be found in watching a brilliant defensive structure win games. 

Also we all seem to have forgotten how expansive they were in their first run this season... it's incredibly clever management just like Brendan has done with us. When players are out, play to the squads strength... when they're all back, be more expansive.

They like us, have won both ways!

Rule of thumb, it doesn’t work over the course of time. 

Atleti’s success reads a single title. When push comes to shove, they fall at the final hurdle. Skill eventually wins. 

A lot to admire in Everton’s defending. Less so in the play acting, kicking the ball away and cynical tackling. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Liverpools sales in the last few seasons....

Brewster: £23m

Lovren: £10m

Mignolet: £7m

Solanke: £19m

Ward (sorry danny...): £12m

Sakho: £25m

Benteke: £28m

Ibe: £16m

Joe Allen: £14m

They don't half know how to sell shit as if it's a lump of solid gold lol 

Tbf given hes about the same quality level as 80m Maguire (pretty good with a solid partner/shaky without) 10m for lovren is a decent deal nowadays. Even mignolet at 7m isnt terrible value. The rest are largely insane though. They're along the lines of us managing to sell Luke Thomas for 25m and Nacho for 40m!

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

Liverpools sales in the last few seasons....

Brewster: £23m

Lovren: £10m

Mignolet: £7m

Solanke: £19m

Ward (sorry danny...): £12m

Sakho: £25m

Benteke: £28m

Ibe: £16m

Joe Allen: £14m

They don't half know how to sell shit as if it's a lump of solid gold lol 

Good list but I'll raise you Maguire for £80m. Still no idea how Rudkin pulled that off 🤣