Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

31 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Last season it caught un unawares though hence no testing, whereas this season even with testing, it's quickly spiralling out of control. Rumours in the press and on twitter about measures as extreme as an 8PM curfew and no exercise outdoors allowed! 30 or so games have already been called off across the leagues in just the last few days, including Premier League games, so sadly it has an air of predictability about it. Perhaps they will allow elite sports to continue as it's perceived to be good for the nation's morale, but if so many games get postponed then it's hard to see there not being a break. 

Never going to ban outside exercise or have a curfew, that they don't have the manpower to police.

The vaccination programme is cracking up at a pace, thing will start to improve.

Winter was always going to be a challenge!

19 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

"should" be or where you think we will be? 

I can while they play like that yes. I think they're an average team with a couple of players who have the ability (when they want) to be really good. I'd honestly only want Bruno from their team and Rashford (because he's better than Nacho but I still would play Vardy ahead of him). So for me we SHOULD finish above ManU. 

If I was taking one I’d take Cavani over Rashford if we are talking about a one season thing. Cavani is fantastic. Just think he’d be more useful to us than Rashford.

We’ve got a great young team at the end of the day. Apart from Vardy and Schmeichel we’ve got youth all over and a good few years of this side with a bit of luck.

Just lacking that bit of nous and experience to get us through games like last night with a win and not **** up home games like Fulham (and many last season, take your pick). Can only hope that this changes as time goes on.

Edited by Criggers
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Never going to ban outside exercise or have a curfew, that they don't have the manpower to police.

The vaccination programme is cracking up at a pace, thing will start to improve.

Vaccine 'ramping up' to 200,000 a week, and we need 2 shots. It will take 68 months ( or 5 and a half years) at this rate.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Curfews here in Germany. You don’t have to police it if you can catch and find a few and show it’s serious people start to take note.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

If we were doing a best 11, I'd probably have about 7 Leicester players and 4 United ones. Where they'll beat us in the long term is their squad, they have a higher quality of player ready to come in,

This for me is the crux of it. I'd back our first choice XI (though it is hard to remember when we last fielded it) against theirs any day. But when they can make 5 changes tonight and bring in Cavani, Greenwood, Pogba, Telles and Matic you realise how hard it is for us to compete with them over a 38 game season.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We were second and we couldn’t beat utterly terrible Palace and Fulham teams. Basically the league is diabolical and of a worse standard than when we won the league.

This is the crux of it. This season very much has an asterisk next to it for me personally.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Thought Man U were dreadful tonight and certainly didn't deserve to win.

but like a Good Professional Top 6 team, they have The character to Keep Knocking at the door until it opens...

Thats the bastard-level we have to attain...we have learnt to Grind out 1pointers from 0pts..Now we need that extra factor,

to turn games like Fulham,Villa,Everton & Palace into 3 pointers. Our avg-performances into winning results...

A Top Quality Player doesn't just bring his technical skills,but an higher level mental-strength...That shouts out, like Roy Keane Trys

to imply and explain...its the "We  are". Manutd..!!

Thats Why now, Leicester should Ride our fearless Banner and use it, to Grow and Build our own "We are" ethos

First priority, get our top players Match fit, und into the team ready to Display their Top skills,  we get our Top investments on the same pitch

consistently Working together, their expected success of upping  our high potential,that will also Pull the fringe/Cover players into that needed higher level.

We have players who are now bringing  that higher quality,injuries have Ruined this seasons Rythme therefore high potential to find consistency.

But still sitting 3rd and the points on the table...Rodgers and players are getting most things right,especially the fringe players Not just Holding the fort,

but also foraging  out, and bringing back the spoils...

Youngsters like Justin,Fofana,Thomas,Barnes, with After a Seemingly new tread ,& rekindled Mendy performing well over expectations.

Towards & including festive season, our  chronic injuries have given us a period of that question... " a game too far"

But just think , stand back a minute...We have our backbone wiped out, then the replacements  ripped  out,then any cover being asked to handle

more gametime over longer periods than expected... Preventing Rodgers finding any Team character/rythm building or Continuity in selection...

New Year....We are sitting 3rd, no Team Running Away with it,also no Close Competitors for top 2-6, pushing us out of contention...!!!

And so far Europe is looking very tasty...We are in with a shout..!!

We  have grown...Now like the Arsenals of the past, & Manutd through history, we have to find that Clinical Killer instinct.

Because Nobody or no group of Teams have ran Away with results, our Advantage going deeper into the season,our Quality players will return

& Build their match-fitness.. 

If Covid doesnt intervene, & no further Major injuries I reckon by end of January our season will Really Take off,

that could see us have a great  bite at the Top 3 places,even be the team competing until the end for that no1 spot..

We has fans should also take a time-out, and look at our would be decent competitors...At the Moment After 15 games, and with their

performances , we have 8 teams showing they are capable of competing for those covetted European placings.

A Full contingent of fit players for Leicester, doesn't mean it will be a walk in the park to realise a top placing..

This season ,even with Covid mitigating circumstances, the middle-table Teams have come with an Upgrade in quality,and consistent delivery.

I have seen some Damn Good games,outside the Bottom 3,....

There will be others who can only spit out the cynical.. Awfull,crap, shit, worse ever,remarks..!!!

But the Non serious, clickbait,negative trolling,always falls on Stoney ground...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoxFossil said:

Vaccine 'ramping up' to 200,000 a week, and we need 2 shots. It will take 68 months ( or 5 and a half years) at this rate.

Yes but we’re using the rubbish American/German one at the minute that’s very difficult to distribute. As soon as the vastly superior British vaccine gets on the playing field we’ll have the war won in a few months.

As soon as the old and vulnerable are vaccinated this thing really is just a flu. It doesn’t kill young and healthy people very much.

What’s the average age of death now and the number of healthy people under 55 that have died of it? Achieve the above and let’s get on with rebuilding the world economy.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Last season it caught un unawares though hence no testing, whereas this season even with testing, it's quickly spiralling out of control. Rumours in the press and on twitter about measures as extreme as an 8PM curfew and no exercise outdoors allowed! 30 or so games have already been called off across the leagues in just the last few days, including Premier League games, so sadly it has an air of predictability about it. Perhaps they will allow elite sports to continue as it's perceived to be good for the nation's morale, but if so many games get postponed then it's hard to see there not being a break. 

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

We currently have an 8pm - 6am curfew in Northern Ireland and outdoor exercise is only permitted with members of the household. 

Things appear to be deteriorating before any hope of the vaccine improving the situation. We've not yet had the fall out of the Christmas gatherings yet! 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

Yes but we’re using the rubbish American/German one at the minute that’s very difficult to distribute. As soon as the vastly superior British vaccine gets on the playing field we’ll have the war won in a few months.

As soon as the old and vulnerable are vaccinated this thing really is just a flu. It doesn’t kill young and healthy people very much.

What’s the average age of death now and the number of healthy people under 55 that have died of it? Achieve the above and let’s get on with rebuilding the world economy.

Precisely. Let's get on with ****ing up the planet.

5 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

I'll go against the grain here and say I dislike Man Utd less than Liverpool. 

And I certainly like Ole more than that utter Cnut Klopp

Regardless of who I like the best if I had to pick a coach/manager who would get it done it would be Klopp every time. 

Sheffield United have lost 11 times by a single goal this season.

In there 16 games, they have scored just 8 goals.

I think this demonstrates the effect of a poor transfer window. The opted to spend £24 million on Brewster, more than Newcastle spent on Wilson and only slightly less than Villa had spent on Watkins. I know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but they must be looking at that as one of their worst signings as they are not that bad a team, just can’t put the ball in the net.

5 hours ago, SecretPro said:

United still have a game in hand on us. 4 points ahead if they win. Makes the Palace game even more painful. "Keep Ole in so United get even shitter". Yeah OK then. 

5 hours ago, Babylon said:

We were second and we couldn’t beat utterly terrible Palace and Fulham teams. Basically the league is diabolical and of a worse standard than when we won the league.

Imagine if we'd beaten the "lesser" teams and lost to the "bigger" teams instead.

"Brendan is S**T against the elite clubs, we won't progress with him in charge, he always bottles it against the big six, flat track bully manager." etc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1