Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Just now, browniefox said:

Ole getting his team into a title race is keeping Ole in his job. 

It might take some time but people are going to have to realise Man Utd are well and truly in this title race

100%

Fernandes is class and Cavani makes a massive difference even when he doesn’t score. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

(which IMO is where we should be).

You can't keep calling United lucky every week either, at some point the doubters have to admit they're a good team surely?

"should" be or where you think we will be? 

I can while they play like that yes. I think they're an average team with a couple of players who have the ability (when they want) to be really good. I'd honestly only want Bruno from their team and Rashford (because he's better than Nacho but I still would play Vardy ahead of him). So for me we SHOULD finish above ManU. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

It's at times where you wonder if United are lucky af or just a decent team 

I'd definitely say they were lucky tonight, but with a game in hand sat in second place, they're definitely in with a shout, if its luck it will run out, if not, then hey ho.

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

It's at times where you wonder if United are lucky af or just a decent team 

That was not the performance of a decent team. Liverpool head and shoulders above still and I imagine that will show over the next few months 

11 minutes ago, browniefox said:

Ole getting his team into a title race is keeping Ole in his job. 

It might take some time but people are going to have to realise Man Utd are well and truly in this title race

Totally embarrassing for the league really.

I think they'll come 3rd. They won't keep getting this lucky and eventually Liverpool and Manchester City will become the top two again.

2 minutes ago, oxford fox said:

Iam scratching my head how United are second there the worse man united team I have seen but in my opinion it all boils down to teams not seeing them off when 2 or three nill up at least we have them a game and they are lucky with crucial decisions 

We were second and we couldn’t beat utterly terrible Palace and Fulham teams. Basically the league is diabolical and of a worse standard than when we won the league.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

"should" be or where you think we will be? 

I can while they play like that yes. I think they're an average team with a couple of players who have the ability (when they want) to be really good. I'd honestly only want Bruno from their team and Rashford (because he's better than Nacho but I still would play Vardy ahead of him). So for me we SHOULD finish above ManU. 

Should we be above them?

They haven't lost away from home in almost a year, no team is that 'lucky'. Bruno is genuinely world class, his stats are ridiculous. Martial blows hot and cold but for the past 18 months has been pretty class, he got 17 goals and 7 assists in 32 games in 19/20, imagine one of our wingers getting that in a season? Rashford 6 goals 7 assists in just 14 league games this season.

If we were doing a best 11, I'd probably have about 7 Leicester players and 4 United ones. Where they'll beat us in the long term is their squad, they have a higher quality of player ready to come in, whereas we're occasionally relying on people like Morgan or Gray ffs.

I think Rodgers is a better manager than Ole personally, but we've all seen what it can do for a team when a bloke puts some positivity and belief into them.

Don't get me wrong, they occasionally get a bit of luck, but you make your own luck most of the time, they don't give up and keep trying for 90 minutes, even if they're 2 goals behind. Liverpool will comfortably be ahead of them come the end of the season, but they'll definitely be in the top 4. People on here talk about them as if they're a midtable team like Arsenal, they're miles better than that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hammo said:

I guess we can’t get every result go for us but that was just classic Lucky United and the reason why we all hate them with such a passion.

I would like this a thousand times if I could. Hate them with an incredible amount of passion 

6 minutes ago, oxford fox said:

Iam scratching my head how United are second there the worse man united team I have seen but in my opinion it all boils down to teams not seeing them off when 2 or three nill up at least we have them a game and they are lucky with crucial decisions 

Did you not see the team over the last 4 years then

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

I would like this a thousand times if I could. Hate them with an incredible amount of passion 

Well, if we hadn't dicked about with Palace, the dropping of 2 points which was totally our own fault, then it wouldn't matter but people all too willing to keep making excuses for our shit-show home form, diabolical team selections and failure to beat shit opposition. 

Man U know how to turn 0 points into 1 and 1 point into 3. Even when not playing well. Unfortunately, that is not something we are capable of and hence why we cannot close the gap to the top teams in the league. You could say Man U are lucky at times but not every time. Pretty sure without Fernandes they would be lost though. Everything goes through him.