Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

I don't subscribe to the theory that footballers are role models at all times but the stupidity (or arrogance) of posting pictures breaking lockdown when thousands of people have made huge sacrifices to not meet up and made agonising decisions, plus it now being illegal, makes it all the more worse.

They aren't errors of judgement or mistakes, you've not been able to meet anyone indoors for two months. Every piece of media explains it. To then broadcast it is totally moronic.

• Like 1

I think it's safe to say if Big Sam fails at West Brom this will probably be the last we see of him in football, he will probably make out they were down before he arrived. But honestly, since he took apart from that draw against Liverpool, I would say they have got worse. Who know's still some time ago... i think it would probably be a miracle if Big Sam can keep West Brom, they basically playing a championship squad in the premier league a bit like Sheffield United are present.

3 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I think it's safe to say if Big Sam fails at West Brom this will probably be the last we see of him in football, he will probably make out they were down before he arrived. But honestly, since he took apart from that draw against Liverpool, I would say they have got worse. Who know's still some time ago... i think it would probably be a miracle if Big Sam can keep West Brom, they basically playing a championship squad in the premier league a bit like Sheffield United are present.

It's been Fat Sam's last job for about 8 years! They'll always be a team desperate enough to hit that particular panic button.

• Like 1

The only way you might get these footballers from breaking the rules are if the clubs they play for receive point deductions. Hitting players with a weeks fine and making them apologise isn’t much of a deterrent to them. If it impacted the club directly they might make sure their players are following the rules strictly. 

Manchester City should not be allowed to postpone another game this season. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Tuna said:

It's been Fat Sam's last job for about 8 years! They'll always be a team desperate enough to hit that particular panic button.

If the PL goveners can Keep forgiving  These Not so young players Covid party discretions..& Sheer stupidity, Then 

Its not within the bounds  of FA  ineptitude, that we will see Big Sam return to the England fold...

Mind you I didn t mind his appointment, it would of been an interesting point in English-football- history...

17 minutes ago, Tuna said:

And he’ll always be willing to take the short term firefighter contract that others turn down as it can be a career ruiner. 

21 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

The only way you might get these footballers from breaking the rules are if the clubs they play for receive point deductions. Hitting players with a weeks fine and making them apologise isn’t much of a deterrent to them. If it impacted the club directly they might make sure their players are following the rules strictly. 

Manchester City should not be allowed to postpone another game this season. 

I kind of thought this.

Middlesbrough were docked 3pts for a flu outbreak when they couldnt fulfil a fixtures in the 90s against Blackburn.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

There are always assholes out there ..... this year has just shown them more clearly for what they are ......

And taught them that they can carry on being arseholes because there are no personal consequences.

37 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

And he’ll always be willing to take the short term firefighter contract that others turn down as it can be a career ruiner. 

And that's the big problem with the appointment for West Brom, if he keeps them up, great but they look doomed and if they do go down they have a manager who will have no interest in managing in The Championship and they'll have to start again.

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

And that's the big problem with the appointment for West Brom, if he keeps them up, great but they look doomed and if they do go down they have a manager who will have no interest in managing in The Championship and they'll have to start again.

The championship didn't stop him doing his thing at West ham tbf

3 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

The championship didn't stop him doing his thing at West ham tbf

That was a long time ago.

I deem Fat Sam to be greedy and lazy.

4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

With another manager like Bilic who'll get them up again in a season or two, but then not receive the backing to strengthen the squad enough to stay up. 

On 02/01/2021 at 14:00, BenTheFox said:

Let's be honest, is the patient possession approach really that good to watch anyway? I personally find nothing more boring than a team just passing the ball in front of the opposition with no purpose or penetration. Football purists will say that we played 'better' football under Puel then when won the league but I know which team I'd rather watch. 

This first half is a perfect example. Mind numbingly boring. 

9 minutes ago, hebangsthedrums said:

Pathetic from Pep in that interview.

So bad wasn’t it! 

“he invited a doctor who tested negative and his niece who tested negative”

I wasn’t aware we could all have a get together if we’d had a test? 🤦🏻‍♂️