Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

14 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Sheffield United are going to need close to title wining form in their final 21 games to get 40 points

13 wins and they will be home and hosed.

2 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Relegation battle looks like it’ll be over really early this season

You could be right although the final place could be close. Sheff Utd and WBA look dead already. That final spot looks like Fulham or Brighton, though if I were a Newcastle or Crystal Palace fan I would be looking over my shoulder.

2 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

You could be right although the final place could be close. Sheff Utd and WBA look dead already. That final spot looks like Fulham or Brighton, though if I were a Newcastle or Crystal Palace fan I would be looking over my shoulder.

Good point but think with Newcastle being on 19 pts and palace on 22 pts they’re over half way to safety. Think they’ll have more in the tank than Burnley or Brighton. So could well be a three team battle for 18th. 

Couple of things I’ve noticed today. 

Looked at fixtures for PL after the Cup games, that compacted table will split within a couple of weeks. Lots of games including ourselves where teams play each other. 

Also the first act of Burnley’s new owners has been to loan money using land around the ground as collateral 

I don't think Sheffield United are that bad. Normally you'd expect a team with 2 points from 17 games to be being beaten out of sight, goals flooding in to their net but Sheffield Utd's issue is the lack of quality up front. They've lost so many tight matches. Their heaviest defeat has been by three goals (twice), same as us. Let in more than three once this season.

Although the stats would suggest it, they are no Derby from 2007/08 who were regularly battered. It is probably similar to us in 2014/15 but we managed to nick the odd win here and there before staying just about in touch for the final run to survival. Sheffield Utd may not have that possibility.

Looking at the table Villa have 2 tough matches and play Man C on 20th . So be lucky and no slip ups please against Newcastle (or anyone else easier and we won't be in a bad spot if our returning players hit form quickly.