Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

That's the title race blown wide open! For me Liverpool were the best team we played in that first 19 games, so to be 4 points ahead of them at this stage is incredible. Man United I maintain are an at best average team with one truly world class player. Man City have to be the favourites in their current form and past pedigree. But hmm, didn't they lose 5-2 at home to someone earlier in the season? Maybe that team has a shot at the league too!?

:scarf:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Let's be honest. If that exact same penalty incident happened up the other end with Mane in place Barnes this thread would be in meltdown right now.

That’s happened before as I’m sure we all know, they deserve to have it go against them.

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

That's the title race blown wide open! For me Liverpool were the best team we played in that first 19 games, so to be 4 points ahead of them at this stage is incredible. Man United I maintain are an at best average team with one truly world class player. Man City have to be the favourites in their current form and past pedigree. But hmm, didn't they lose 5-2 at home to someone earlier in the season? Maybe that team has a shot at the league too!?

:scarf:

KDB is also out injured for a few matches. it all could get very interesting (and stressful!)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rachhere said:

KDB is also out injured for a few matches. it all could get very interesting (and stressful!)

I've said all along that the real test of the season will be as the fixtures pile up and squads get stretched. We are part way through this period, but most teams will be playing twice a week until March now, with Covid looming on the horizon at any possible time. For us we've got lucky in some way that our biggest spell of injuries so far was at the beginning and now have the unusual situation of almost having a full squad to choose from! This can change very quickly indeed but it's certainly a good place to be in at the moment.

For me this season has the feeling of being back in the Championship in the sense that in that division even if we drew a game that we really should have won such as our away game to Palace, I still look on it as points gained rather than lost. This season the winners won't necessarily be the best team, but the one that was decent enough the most consistently. And that's why even though they've been nothing special at all, the table says that is Man U as of writing. I an see both of the Manchester clubs opening up a bit of a gap over the next few weeks, but when the Champions League matches come back round that will really test the teams still involved in it. That's why Man U, Spurs and ourselves might have a slight advantage as we can probably rest a few more players because it's the Europa. That said I expect Man U to almost forfeit that competition and just play their youngsters, they will be thinking Premier League all the way and given their current position it would be the right decision to do so.

Despite Covid, it's a great league this year though! Very interesting and exciting!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Aguero (although not featuring much recently) has just tested positive for COVID as well

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

12 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Dycje put on a Stetson, jumped on klopps back and rode him around the pitch and down the tunnel. Honestly.

This has created unfortunate, unwanted images in my mind, weirdly you could picture this from these two...:o

• Haha 1

How interesting. Has Klopp failed to adapt to the unique aspects of the season, and blown Liverpool up? It is a very demanding way of playing footy.

I read an article recently, about how Pep had adjusted by going with less pressing, and that pressing was down across the league earlier in the season (although that bit was a while back).

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

How interesting. Has Klopp failed to adapt to the unique aspects of the season, and blown Liverpool up? It is a very demanding way of playing footy.

I read an article recently, about how Pep had adjusted by going with less pressing, and that pressing was down across the league earlier in the season (although that bit was a while back).

He's definitely doing something wrong. These are interesting times.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Trent Alexander Arnold looks a shell of the player he was.

Opponents are getting at Liverpool down his side.

I don't know whether it is exhaustion or burn out, or maybe a consequence of playing without Van Dijk in the back line.