Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IsItMuzzy

Europa League 20/21

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

How many points is required usually for Europa League qualification? About 60-62? I know people have done threads on it in the past but I'm not intelligent enough to be able to work it all out.

I really want 6th (or 7th if that gets EL) again this season, gutted I'm missing a European tour.

Last 5 seasons have been 

59 - Spurs 

57 - Wolves 

54 - Burnley 

61 - Everton 

62 - West Ham

That was for the qualifying stages anyway. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

How many points is required usually for Europa League qualification? About 60-62? I know people have done threads on it in the past but I'm not intelligent enough to be able to work it all out.

I really want 6th (or 7th if that gets EL) again this season, gutted I'm missing a European tour.

Only 5th place is guaranteed EL. 6th place also gets EL if the FA Cup winner is a Top 5 team. Otherwise 6th place gets you a place in the Europa Conference League (same if you finish 7th and both cup winners are Top 6 teams).

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Back again tomorrow. Key games involving teams who are likely to go far. Could do with a few shocks.

Real Sociedad v Man Utd

Benfica v Arsenal 

Wolfsberger v Spurs 

Young Boys v Leverkusen 

Btaha v Roma

Lille v Ajax

Granada v Napoli

6 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

The penalty against Rangers was really soft. We have VAR now but they barely look at it. I suppose we can't complain when we moan about them taking too long. 

How we've found ourselves in this situation is beyond me. It's basically any contact is now a foul. It's a joke and players are openly cheating at times and being rewarded for it. Crazy

• Like 1

One of several things wrong with VAR - why does it take them 3 minutes after the play for the ref to go over and look himself?  Look at 2-3x and if there's a question call him over.  Shouldn't take more than 30 seconds from the time they start looking at it to call him over.

In a bizarro ever obliging kind of way, gotta laugh at being the only 0-0 in the highest scoring Europa Round of 32 1st leg match day.

13 minutes ago, Corky said:

4-3 to Rangers

Am pleased that Gerrard has done very well there.

He could've easily gone to a club like Northampton, Bolton etc and not done well.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1