Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sampson

Ben Chilwell Signs for Chelsea

12 hours ago, honeybradger said:

Depends who we replace him with, if we sell him for 50 then buy lewis for 20 then it's pretty poor business as lewis will need time to develop to chilwell's level, if we dont buy anyone and just play thomas and bank the 50 mil it could either be brilliant or a massive mistake, quite a big risk to take based on 3 appearances so not the right course of action imo, if we buy tagliafico for 25 mil it would be good business as we will have a player that suits us better short term and a potentially good long term option in Thomas. Still think we could have got more than 50 mil for chilwell though.

According to Percy we have further instalments coming in, plus performance related add-ons, so we are getting more than £50 million. The £50 million is just up front.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

I thought he made a major leap forward two seasons ago. Looked much more confident, but seemed to regress a bit this past season. Maybe all the rumours swirling about had something to do with it.

I wish Chilly the best at Chelsea.

think an ITK alluded to him having his head turned earlier this past season..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Any truth to this?

I think I made about 4-5 posts how the england squad is a tapping up ground, I personally think its obvious, if you check the history of last 40 years or so you can see there is a trend when a Leicester player breaks into england he either leaves or at least almost leaves.

5 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

All clubs do it, let's not get overly moral about it

Just because it's prevalent doesn't mean it's okay. There are rules about it for a reason. 

For reference I'm not too concerned about losing BC. However, do we want Maddison on international duty if Rashford is going to be in his ear about a move to Utd? 

Put into another dimension - all politicians use their expenses account to buy personal stuff, let's not get too moral about it. All companies circumnavigate tax laws leaving the public to pay more, let's not get too moral about it. 

IF, and it is only if, but IF this November tapping up is true then it really shines a light on his performances this year. And in particular does beg the huge question if was his absence at the end of the year genuine or to safeguard a move he had planned for 8 months. If the latter then isn't our absence in the Top 4 resultant of 'tapping up' to some degree - we'd have been better with England's left back in the team. 

Edited by foxile5
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Youve got to be easily swayed if you let a bunch of footballers influence your career decisions.

He probably 90% had his mind made up anyway and im sure the fat pay rise is a factor regardless of whatever club you leave for.

Odd stance. I let those around me influence my professional decisions. It would be more concerning if he were letting the stewards influence his decisions. 

The pay will have accounted I'm sure. 

2 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Odd stance. I let those around me influence my professional decisions. It would be more concerning if he were letting the stewards influence his decisions. 

The pay will have accounted I'm sure. 

If he had thought about a move, it wouldn’t necessarily be tapping up if they’ve just spoken and said what it’s like at Chelsea, to live in London, etc. 

Players speak, most of them are mates and pretty much all of them want to play for the big clubs and earn the big bucks. 

On 27/08/2020 at 20:24, m4DD0gg said:

maddison signed that purely so we can command a bigger fee next summer when he leaves, no other reason what so ever, thinking otherwise is deluded fandom, he wants to leave

Well if he wants to leave, he forces the move and doesn’t sign another contract lol 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bert said:

Well if he wants to leave, he forces the move and doesn’t sign another contract lol 

I think you could well be a little naive there.

He's possibly realised (Or been told) we only loose one in a summer window, Chilwell being that player, so he's willing to playing the waiting game, may aswell get a pay rise by signing a new deal, plus i'm led to believe a bigger transfer fee commands bigger signing on fees, bonuses and wages at new club.

I make him favourite to leave next summer.

We all know how this all works by now.

Bizzare how it seemed to stall and go on for so long aswell, perhaps he wanted to assess the situation, see if anyone was seriously interested in him and/or who'd be the one we allowed to leave? :dunno:

Seems our players engineer their exits and we as a club seem happy with that.

Just a shame we can't seem to get our act together with the knowledge on some kind of squad building and futureproofing.

Edited by Matt

I think Ricky will go next too. He has been vocal about wanting champions league. This transfer window was Chilly's "turn" and we only escaped the media circus for Ricky as he is injured. I suspect it will be Ricky next summer though 😢 I really hope not though! I think Madders and also Cags are both young and happy to grow and learn here.

5 minutes ago, Hales said:

I think Ricky will go next too. He has been vocal about wanting champions league. This transfer window was Chilly's "turn" and we only escaped the media circus for Ricky as he is injured. I suspect it will be Ricky next summer though 😢 I really hope not though! I think Madders and also Cags are both young and happy to grow and learn here.

I think you're right sadly, unless we qualify for UCL of course! ;)

• Haha 2