Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sampson

Ben Chilwell Signs for Chelsea

Good luck to him. I bear him no hard feelings, I think it's a good move for him. I think he was hard done by on here though agree he's not played especially well in the last year. I'm surprised we didn't get more money, think Chelsea have done well if it's £45m as reported.

1 hour ago, Bert said:

I said he’s a fantastic player, not that he’s been fantastic. But we’ll miss him more than you think. But hey, I guess the national team manager, a player that’s won everything in domestic football for the club he manages must be in the wrong jobs. 

Minus Ole, these are probably the only 2 examples of managers in England who are potentially in the complete wrong job. Being a brilliant player doesn't make you a good eye for talent/good manager, look at Henry for instance. 

17 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Minus Ole, these are probably the only 2 examples of managers in England who are potentially in the complete wrong job. Being a brilliant player doesn't make you a good eye for talent/good manager, look at Henry for instance. 

I think it makes you a little more qualified than the majority of halfwits that post on here and say he's "shit" 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

But our fans say he's crap. 

So he must be, never mind what Chelsea say. 

People can argue until the cows come home but I just keep coming back to the thought that if 'whether or not he's crap' is even up for discussion, he's probably not worth £50m+.

Players should be unanimously class for that kind of money.

I like Chilwell I think he will get better, but 50m for a academy player we have developed over 5 years is good business. We have a good prospect coming through and some money to invest. If he is the only first team player we sell and buy the right players we will be ok. 

I'm not necessarily gutted about him going per se, but what I am a bit gutted about is that we have become that club that buys cheap and sells high. Don't get me wrong it's great business but I'd rather be that club that players want to go to to win trophies and to play in the champions league. I want us to be that club that takes the best talent from the other teams cause they can, but I know that's never going to happen because Leicester as a city is not "fancy" enough. We've basically become the Southampton of old. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I'm not necessarily gutted about him going per se, but what I am a bit gutted about is that we have become that club that buys cheap and sells high. Don't get me wrong it's great business but I'd rather be that club that players want to go to to win trophies and to play in the champions league. I want us to be that club that takes the best talent from the other teams cause they can, but I know that's never going to happen because Leicester as a city is not "fancy" enough. We've basically become the Southampton of old. 

I quite like this model tbh. Seeing key players leave is hard but watching other players develop is fantastic. I think the alternative for a club of Leicester's stature is stagnation.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Absolute incredible this has created so much debate and ill feeling tbh. The lad gave it all when he played no matter what your opinions on his short comings.

He’s clearly been tapped up to ****, but who cares, 50 million is amazing business for us. Because what full back is worth 50 million.

It works for him as he’s got a massive signing on fee and a obscene wage.

Only loser here is Chelsea as I’m not convinced they’ve got that much of an upgrade on Marcos Alonso, cheers very much Chelsea, we move on.

Would agree with this all the way, but we need to replace and replace well, or we’re very much the losers here.

How big a blow this is for us depends on the next couple of weeks.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I can't relate to this at all. I love being the underdog. I love that we're the little club upsetting the elite. I wouldn't swap the impossible PL title win on a shoestring for the world. I love that we're using nous to go toe-to-toe with the giants and the oil-baron-backed clubs. I don't get why you'd rather be the bully.

By the way, it's one player a season. Soton got rid of their whole team over a couple of years. It's not comparable in the slightest.

lol "what I am a bit gutted about is that we have become that club that buys cheap and sells high."

5 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

Guarantee the first thing they do is coach some attacking intent into his mentality and he turns into an absolute world beater.

If none of our last 4 managers ever got him to be able to consistently deliver in the final third between 19-23 I don’t think he’ll suddenly be able to be coached into it there. Players never improve as much as people think, for a lot of skills you either have it or you don’t and attributes like passing or crossing don’t tend to develop too much. Danny Simpson would have had a world class education at United but he still played like Heather Mills in the opposition half 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

Don't blame him. Better money, CL football and you can't help thinking the fans who gave him sh*t for the last 2 seasons have played their part. 

Has he seriously had that much grief? The odd moan or grumble in the ground after he’s made a mistake? Almost every player gets it at every club if they’re perennially at fault for goals or moves breaking down. Chelsea are far worse for it too  

Liked him whilst he was here and defended him stoutly from the idiots in our fan base that loved to abuse him on the weekly, but I’ve got to say I feel no sense of disappointment whatsoever seeing him leave to Chelsea. Was the same with Maguire, Drinkwater etc. Maybe it’s because (we feel) the club are getting the best deal out of it and we’re fairly well equipped to deal with it going forward. 

• Like 1