Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DerbyshireFox

UEFA Champions League 20/21

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

That on the flip side is a disgrace. Atletico should just walk off. What's the point.

I’d have given rudiger a yellow for over reacting 

it’s up to the ref and the var if they feel the elbow was violent enough to warrant a red ...

in my opinion it was a yellow 

Just now, st albans fox said:

I’d have given rudiger a yellow for over reacting 

it’s up to the ref and the var if they feel the elbow was violent enough to warrant a red ...

in my opinion it was a yellow 

I'd probably book Rudiger also. Blatant cheating, get on with it from there.

But no, we have a red card, we have VAR actually in operation, and BT's ex referee pundit can sit there, watch the cheating right in front of his eyes and defend the decision.

We haven't just failed to outlaw cheating, we've completely legitimised it. Too many people involved in the sport who are happy to see it rot.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Fair play to Chelsea. Quite comfortably saw off the team top of La Liga. Atletico barely had a chance over the two legs.

Red card all day long. Obviously intended to elbow him and ref could see it coming, that’s why he was watching. 

Red card? Really? May as well not even challenge for corners these days.

13 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

Red card? Really? May as well not even challenge for corners these days.

Might not have been to the face but it was still a deliberate elbow.

You don't challenge for corners like that.

39 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

What happens if Man City or Chelsea win the Champions League in terms of qualifying places for Prem teams next season? Also if an English team wins the Europa? Could we get shafted ? 

I am assuming this is a genuine question because I don't know how many of these posts have been done in the past few weeks.

The only time 4th place will not qualify for the CL is when BOTH the CL and EL are won by English teams who finish 5th or lower in the PL.

So if Man City win the CL, it makes no difference as they already have a place in the CL (because they will no doubt win the PL).

Edited by KrefelderFox666

17 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I am assuming this is a genuine question because I don't know how many of these posts have been done in the past few weeks.

The only time 4th place will not qualify for the CL is when BOTH the CL and EL are won by English teams who finish 5th or lower in the PL.

So if Man City win the CL, it makes no difference as they already have a place in the CL (because they will no doubt win the PL).

Liverpool? Win it and finish outside the top 4. Realistically that's the only threat. I cannot see either North London side winning the Europa League.

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Liverpool? Win it and finish outside the top 4. Realistically that's the only threat. I cannot see either North London side winning the Europa League.

It would need BOTH Liverpool to win the CL (and finish 5th or lower) AND Tottenham or Arsenal to win the EL. So if you think neither North London team will win EL, then there is no threat.

I still think even Liverpool will make a push for Top 4, if they can string a run of wins together as on paper, they have a fairly good run-in (although Man U and Arsenal to play in that).

• Like 1