Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Timothy Castagne Signs!

25 minutes ago, oli fox said:

Sky Sports News' Rob Dorsett on The Transfer Show...

"I'll be honest, I was told his name over the weekend and was sceptical about it. He's a right-back by trade, he's played there all of last season for Atalanta in Serie A, and has played very well, but it's been made clear since then that he's very versatile, can play left-back as well, and he very much fits the Leicester bill.

He's 24 years old, so still young, he's in the last year of his contract so Leicester hope they can get a good deal on him at around £21.5m. He's won nine caps for Belgium, he's on the up and it's very impressive.

"Yes, there are other irons in the fire, Nicolas Tagliafico and Robin Gosens who's also at Atalanta, but were likely to be £40m each.

"Brendan Rodgers tried to sign him for Celtic just before he moved to become Leicester manager, the common thing there is Lee Congerton, who moved with him as head of recruitment."

Crazy we signed a right back to play as head physio. CONGERTON OUT!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, kingfox said:

Awaits the first “But he’s a right back” comment...

Although he is, don't we need a right back? I know Chilwell has gone but with Ricardo injured for at least the first month, we could effectively have Ricardo and Castagne RB and Justin and Thomas left back, as from what I read about Justin at Luton he seemed versatile. It does make the Right side stronger than the left, but that is what we have become accustomed to anyway. Fuchs can also step in at LB.

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Although he is, don't we need a right back? I know Chilwell has gone but with Ricardo injured for at least the first month, we could effectively have Ricardo and Castagne RB and Justin and Thomas left back, as from what I read about Justin at Luton he seemed versatile. It does make the Right side stronger than the left, but that is what we have become accustomed to anyway. Fuchs can also step in at LB.

Castagne and Justin both play either side. I expect Castagne will be first choice LB this season when Ricardo returns, and JJ will be 1st back up for either side.

Until Ricardo's back, then I think Castagne and JJ will be our full/wing backs, but I don't know which side they'll be on.

10 hours ago, Sampson said:

Will he be given the number 3 shirt?

This is an interesting question because Luke Thomas could conceivably get it instead, given that JJ wears the number 2 shirt. Castagne wore 21 for Atalanta, but can't see the current wearer (Ricardo) giving that one up easily! If Castagne does get it, then it means we can probably expect him to be the first choice left back all season which is definitely conceivable. 

Other likely numbers he could get given are 13 (Slimani), 23 (Silva), 27 (Diabate) or 31 (Ghezzal). I think there are a few other spare ones going but most are currently taken.  

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

This is an interesting question because Luke Thomas could conceivably get it instead, given that JJ wears the number 2 shirt. Castagne wore 21 for Atalanta, but can't see the current wearer (Ricardo) giving that one up easily! If Castagne does get it, then it means we can probably expect him to be the first choice left back all season which is definitely conceivable. 

Other likely numbers he could get given are 13 (Slimani), 23 (Silva), 27 (Diabate) or 31 (Ghezzal). I think there are a few other spare ones going but most are currently taken.  

I'm going to predict no.23, because that's both full-back numbers in one.

• Like 4

I tried to translate well. Article from RTBF, Belgian media.

"Obviously, I'll need the help of the trainer and the players but I'm very excited. Premier League is the best league in the world and I really want to be good on the pitch. That will be easier for me to be integrated as I know Youri (Tielemans), Dennis (Praet) and Wilfried (Ndidi). I already heard many things from them."

Castagne has already played in the King Power Stadium. 

"I really remember well this match. Afterwards I said that it was the kind of football I liked to play with quick balls from defense to attack. This played a role in my choice."

Timothy has already sent a message to Foxes supporters : "They can expect from me that I'll give the best of myself for the club. I always do. They'll see that I run a lot. Be prepared to that!"

https://www.rtbf.be/sport/football/etranger/angleterre/detail_timothy-castagne-je-me-sens-pret-pour-la-premier-league?id=10576087

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Greenage said:

I tried to translate well. Article from RTBF, Belgian media.

"Obviously, I'll need the help of the trainer and the players but I'm very excited. Premier League is the best league in the world and I really want to be good on the pitch. That will be easier for me to be integrated as I know Youri (Tielemans), Dennis (Praet) and Wilfried (Ndidi). I already heard many things from them."

Castagne has already played in the King Power Stadium. 

"I really remember well this match. Afterwards I said that it was the kind of football I liked to play with quick balls from defense to attack. This played a role in my choice."

Timothy has already sent a message to Foxes supporters : "They can expect from me that I'll give the best of myself for the club. I always do. They'll see that I run a lot. Be prepared to that!"

https://www.rtbf.be/sport/football/etranger/angleterre/detail_timothy-castagne-je-me-sens-pret-pour-la-premier-league?id=10576087

Obviously hasn't watched us in a while. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Her: I bet he's thinking of other women.

Him: Timmy Chestnuts is a brilliant nickname but Castagne in Italian is Chestnuts and this guy is from Belgium.

Can we really justify calling him Timmy Chestnuts just because he played in Italy for a few years and that's where we got him from?

Also, he's supposed to be a right back. Is he really a replacement for Chilwell?

otherwomen.jpg

I can't get over this :crylaugh:

1 hour ago, Greenage said:

"They can expect from me that I'll give the best of myself for the club. I always do. They'll see that I run a lot. Be prepared to that!"

All the skill in the world can't buy you a pair of brass balls and a thumper in your chest that won't give out. I hope he means what he says.