Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

3 hours ago, mucfox said:

also as a Championship player you should be able to shoot cornerkicks and freekicks. Unfortunately our little mini-Beckham cannot do this. And also his great pass for Jamie doesn't make it any better. He is useless. Nobody needs to compare him with Grealish anymore. Unfortunately Grealish is better by classes and I really can't stand this diver at all...

🤡

• Like 1

I think Maddison has been below par for quite a while now, some of it down to misfortune of injury admittedly. I don't think sticking him on that inside left type position ever works though, the definition of a squae peg in a round hole. That said I don't see how he fits into the team in his preferred position at the moment. Big 12-18 months ahead for him if he is to realise his potential.

It's hard to be too critical when he's still getting back to full match fitness from injury. Today a great pass for the goal but overall I thought he was poor today. Certainly compared to Perez.

He needs to be more assertive in possession and commit defenders like Perez and Mendy were trying to do today.

NDiddi made a huge difference when he came on which helped in the Goal. So maybe as the injuried players return we should get better.

Ultimately,  his assist won the game.

He never stopped trying to create.  He is part of our strongest 11 imo.

I do not get how he is given all the set pieces though.  His confidence level on them is poor or he is.

Personally, I am delighted he is a Leicester player

• Like 3

I think he needs to really begin to impose himself on games and justify the rep he has. He's got two CMs behind him to shield and give him licence to work magic. That's a nice position to be in for a player like Madders. He needs to seize the opportunity and impose himself. He can drop the shoulder and pivot all he likes, but at the end of that fancy move I want to see a creative ball. Not all will come off. But he needs to try and make things happen. Only Papy is allowed to be lateral. 

2 hours ago, hejammy said:

I think most people agree that he has the potential, but at this moment in time I feel he's more of a hindrance than good for the team. I'll be honest his lack of first touch, his unwillingness to work hard on and off the ball, his moaning, his diving (yes he dives and the "penalty" shout was a disgrace) and last but not least his set peices all need improving and quick. I believe he needs some time out of the team to reflect/reset or whatever. 

Unwillingness to work hard on and off the ball? What does this translate to?

And what do you mean his moaning?

Not sure how he can be a hindrance when he produces the assist for the winner. Great hindrance, that. I know that doesn't absolve him of any mistake he makes but to call him a hindrance is OTT in my humble opinion!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Afranks said:

Madison not doing enough in games, poor deliveries from set plays,  not scoring. Is he trying to hard. Thoughts?

I’ve been contemplating the origins of the universe - whether this is just one iteration of a many layered simulation, a unique and singular structure or just one of a countless, possibly infinite number. 

In most cases this would mean that somewhere, in one of them, Maddison is literally an amalgamation of Messi and Maradonna. However I appear to dwell in the one where he can be utterly frustrating, a bit of a cnut and then oddly sublime. 

I think we can all agree that there is room for improvement. Brenda is the man for that job too I hear - I’m waiting............ Or am I?

43 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Unwillingness to work hard on and off the ball? What does this translate to?

And what do you mean his moaning?

Not sure how he can be a hindrance when he produces the assist for the winner. Great hindrance, that. I know that doesn't absolve him of any mistake he makes but to call him a hindrance is OTT in my humble opinion!

When I mean a hindrance I think he stops others from having the chance to be "creative" like Youri. Also he takes up a spot from players like Under and Barnes who have shown recently that they give more to the team than he currently does. Apart from the assist today he didn't do anything and was very frustrating everytime he got the ball. Another thing is his set plays, he's a hindrance because clearly there is an issue with his set plays at the moment but he (or BR) insists on taking them all, therefore no one else can try and deliver a better ball than he currently offers. 

• Thanks 1

Liked listening to him in that clip after the game today. 

He knows he is talented for sure but also knows he's not the best thing since sliced bread. Appreciate he will take risks and with that comes the risk of losing the ball, however also the potential reward of something coming off. Totally agree that the team will go through phases and there will be times we won't win consecutively. That really is football. He's right when he says 'club, fans, staff all have to stick together'. 

40 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Liked listening to him in that clip after the game today. 

He knows he is talented for sure but also knows he's not the best thing since sliced bread. Appreciate he will take risks and with that comes the risk of losing the ball, however also the potential reward of something coming off. Totally agree that the team will go through phases and there will be times we won't win consecutively. That really is football. He's right when he says 'club, fans, staff all have to stick together'. 

When I heard this earlier on my first reaction was “he’s seen the forum”. 

Agree by the way, good interview, he always comes across well. 

Bar his assist today I can’t say he was very good, but it sounds to me like he knows that too and he’s not going to shy away from the challenge of trying to improve. As Henrik said above he’s got a big 12-18 months ahead of him to really kick on. 

Edited by Manini

Truth be told, other than his horrible free kicks and corners he had a pretty decent game. Every one focuses on his corners but his overall game was decent. It seems that shitting on Madisson has become the new favourite pastime here.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

Good PM interview

He was  also on aSky this morning long Interview ..excellent..!!

He's a great interview. Nice that Rodgers has a steady hand to keep that even temperament in the players. Shows in their play after getting sucker punched in the Ukraine on Thursday to come back like that. Its a long season with a lot of matches.

12 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Truth be told, other than his horrible free kicks and corners he had a pretty decent game. Every one focuses on his corners but his overall game was decent. It seems that shitting on Madisson has become the new favourite pastime here.

Besides Vardy(GOD) every one gets a turn being thrown under the bus. :scarf:

4 hours ago, majaco said:

In a team that has a good conversion rate

It means his “chances” are often a bit off in terms of weight or angle, but he is improving. His corners are creating “chances” too but they are really crap.

Having said this, while I am not his biggest fan, he is a good player to have in our team. It is just that some of us don’t understand why he gets in ahead of others who are better or deserve to be there more and as a result we are questioning Rodgers and the coaching staff. The fact that he is allowed to continue to take corners despite being consistently poor at them is an indicia of the problem - is there some kind of hidden agenda to get his value up in anticipation of a sale even though it is costing the team in terms of performance?

Edited by Tom12345