Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

26 minutes ago, Jam orton said:

Lost the ball alott today to leave us open to their counter attacks. He couldn't get into the game. But we didn't loose , let's hope he hes back to his best against palace 

Albrighton and Barnes lost the ball a fair amount today and haven't got as much criticism :dunno:

2 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Needed to he taken off today. Rodgers really doesn't like subbing him. Pratt could've taken Tielemens role and the way Youri looked he could've really made a difference closer to Vardy

Why move a player out of his position where he was getting space and running the game, and put him in one where a player was being crowded out? 

Youri would have suffered in same position that Maddison did. Maddison was fine. Youri was great deeper. No need to bring Praet on I think. 

He was fine today for 55 mins but Brendan needed to take him off when Ole put Pogba in for James and added an extra body in the middle.

We were getting over run because they had an extra body. Praet should of come on around 60 to support Tielemens and Ndidi.

Wasnt Madders fault , Brendan was to blame for again not reacting to the game.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Why move a player out of his position where he was getting space and running the game, and put him in one where a player was being crowded out? 

Youri would have suffered in same position that Maddison did. Maddison was fine. Youri was great deeper. No need to bring Praet on I think. 

You think Maddison was fine? He didn't really create anything for me. It's a crucial role.. I'd have tried to take it to them myself. 

49 minutes ago, Gevans_97 said:

I feel like i’m sounding like a bit of a broken record but I really can’t understand why Maddison is being criticised as much as he is on here. Most chances created in the game according to BT Sport, an assist, some good one touch passes and work with Barnes/Castagne on the left, won a massive amount of fouls in the game. Yes he gave the ball away a few times whilst attempting to be creative, but that is what you expect from somebody who’s trying to make stuff happen. 

I don’t think he was anywhere near our best player today, but our worst? And to be have a 4.8 rating on here? Scapegoat much? 

He gets criticism because some people can't see past top corner free kicks, one touch killer passes or stupid winks to the camera. Wasn't great today but did his job like everyone else.

46 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

He was good today. People are far to quick to dish our talented young players out for absolutely no reason. 

Most of it comes from pure jealousy and the flashier ones are the ones that get it more so. Barnes and Justin have had criticism but it’s a lot gentler whereas with Maddison and Chilwell it goes well over the top and gets personal. Sad really

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think there's a difference between slagging Madders off, making him a scapegoat and singling him out, verses being frustrated that he doesn't hit the levels we know he's capable of on a more regular basis.

• Like 3

I like Maddison but that was one of his poorest games for me. There has been games where he’s been marked out the game and not been able to get on the ball but today he got on the ball on numerous occasions and his passing was  well off. Be interested to see what his stats were in the final third.

45 minutes ago, ronnup said:

You think Maddison was fine? He didn't really create anything for me. It's a crucial role.. I'd have tried to take it to them myself. 

Yes. He was fine. Nothing amazing. Certainly not as shit as some make out. Like I say, people love to overcriticise because they're so consumed in wanting extremes in their life. Either something has to be absolutely amazing, and if it's not, it's shit. Why can't something just be alright or decent? Yes Maddison could do better but people make out like he's the second coming of [insert shit midfielder from 00s].

Oh and he got the assist for Barnes. Is that not creating anything? Took some good corners for once as well. 

Think some of the frustration with Maddison is that he is seen, rightly or wrongly, as being our difference maker, especially as whilst he was having a limited impact on the game, the opposition equivalent Bruno Fernandes was increasingly influential.

Possibly that's not fair, as Fernandes is a long way ahead of Madders, but the difference in quality and consistency is plain to see.

Edited by martyn