Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

Yet again maddison being blamed for tielemans having an off game, not his fault tieleman's passing was off and it wouldnt have been any different had praet been on, praet doesnt magically screw youri's head on to be at his best as we saw in the aston villa game. (Im not saying maddison couldnt have done better by the way but he wasnt the reason tielemans played poorly.)

• Like 4

This is why he doesn’t get in the England side. In football it’s all about backing up your previous performance and he never does. Totally anonymous. I would’ve preferred it if Perez came on for Maddison. Maddison is a good player but he certainly doesn’t meet the parameters for being a top player. 

His left foot shot which Tielemans set up pissed me off. Like last season he was always going for power and kept on getting his shots off target. Against Brighton the two shots he had were nicely controlled with his left, no idea why he went to smashing it again.

He hasn’t got the strength of Grealish so he has to be a much better player to be effective, can he do it on a regular basis? Time will tell. I hope so because I like him a lot.

Slightly overly harsh with some of the criticisms above re last game. He tried to release the ball earlier and not dance around as much. He is improving. But the problem was his passing was often a bit off - either the weight was off or the angle. Even that pass to Vardy into the box saved by last ditched tackle was actually a bit off; if he angled it a little more to Vardy’s right and more central towards goal rather than away from goal, Vardy would be in and the defender could not have made the tackle. There were a few long passes a bit off as well. Though apart from Under, everyone was off with their passing last night and did not control the ball well. It was as if the pitch was bad. Not sure why.

He did also let Under take one freekick. 

But movement wise, as some of you said, Praet makes better runs and draws defenders away for others more. Praet knows how to help other teammates more. And at the minute, it seems he knows how to get Tielemans into the game more, though the onus is also on Tielemans to step up. (By the way, Tielemans’ passing was not that bad as some claimed; he just didn’t pass upfield enough but a couple he sent up were decent.)

Meanwhile Perez is also really good and good alternative at No. 10 and he connects the midfield and the forward line well. 

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, sdb said:

When games are open he's a joy to watch. When they're tight he is verging on a passager role. Barnes similar.

Whereas Praet does something to help you win every time he starts, whether it shows up in the scoresheet or not.

• Like 2

Maddison is a top player on his day but for my liking he his to weak never puts a tackle in goes down to easy.We need a boss in the midfield and the only one in are squad at the moment is Pratt.Just think games like last night madders is a half player and your got to be on the ball against teams like Everton.Also think we are more organised when Youri is the play maker.Think Perez needs a few games playing behind Vardy and bring madders on as a impact Sub.

I think Rodgers knows what we all do but is trying to build up his fitness, form,confidence .  So dropping him will only be counter productive. But he has shown he will drop you for longish periods ie Perez , Praet, Choudhary so I think there will come a point where he will see we can't carry James any longer . James has got to start producing effective consistency in  the same way other players he is compared to do.

There's a lot of harsh criticism on here. But the one aspect I do agree with is that Madders can drift out at times and his lack of urgency and forward drive can really slow our tempo down. Youri is the whole pitch conductor. Madders needs be moving constantly looking for space, receive it and pass the killer ball. But that just doesn't happen enough in important areas. Back to the five a side pitches I think. 

It was strange when we had a corner when we were 2-0 down and he just walked slowly to take it! Like he was having a strop but couldn’t work out why or who with! At least realise there’s a massive fan base watching you and show some urgency to make it appear you’re interested in trying to get something out of the game.

40 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

It was strange when we had a corner when we were 2-0 down and he just walked slowly to take it! Like he was having a strop but couldn’t work out why or who with! At least realise there’s a massive fan base watching you and show some urgency to make it appear you’re interested in trying to get something out of the game.

Yeah I could take this if he was composing himself and then put in a great delivery, but the reality is 7/10 times he won’t beat the first man

• Like 1

I suspect Madders could absolutely boss it playing in the Italian or Spanish top flights where there is more time and less urgency. In the premier league, the speed and fitness levels require a different approach. I think this is why Pogba is struggling in the PL too - different pace. In Spain/Italy when he moves, he'll be mustard. Maddison needs to adapt. At the moment I don't think he could even look good at Man City or Liverpool as he's just to ponderous in his approach.  Would much rather see a return to Praet & Tielemans for the time being.

Edited by Flappit
  • Like 1