Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

He was electric for 2 months this season. But that's it, be it injury or lack of form or ill discipline is really by the by, this season we got 2 electric months out of him and 4 wavering between average and abysmal. He needs to step up. You can have all the talent in the world but without the right mentality it doesn't count for much. 

• Like 2

I think next season is a pivotal point in his career. So many players are above him in the pecking order when it comes to England and even if it seems young up and comers like Eze are more likely to be brought into the national fold. He needs to keep his head down and work on his consistency. With runners flowing past him (hopefully Barnes, Vardy etc) he's a real threat. I'm rooting for him to get it right we are a much better team when Maddison is firing. Hopefully he'll realise he's at a crossroads and put the effort in. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tanya said:

I think next season is a pivotal point in his career. So many players are above him in the pecking order when it comes to England and even if it seems young up and comers like Eze are more likely to be brought into the national fold. He needs to keep his head down and work on his consistency. With runners flowing past him (hopefully Barnes, Vardy etc) he's a real threat. I'm rooting for him to get it right we are a much better team when Maddison is firing. Hopefully he'll realise he's at a crossroads and put the effort in. 

He needs an absolutely perfect summer to get him in peak condition for next season. He's missed a huge chance to be in the Euro squad and needs a solid season to even get a look in for the world cup.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

He needs an absolutely perfect summer to get him in peak condition for next season. He's missed a huge chance to be in the Euro squad and needs a solid season to even get a look in for the world cup.

GIven the lockdown antics my expectations of him having said perfect summer are pretty low

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

GIven the lockdown antics my expectations of him having said perfect summer are pretty low

It's perfectly fine for him to go enjoy his break, but when pre-season starts he needs to be absolutely focused. 

It's a big, big year for him.

• Like 1

He comes across as pretty mature in interviews and says the right things, but then let's himself down with acts of thoughtlessness.

I do think that the high life has gone to his head a little and hopefully missing out on the Euro's, partly through injury causing a drop in form and playing time and partly because of his ill advised social behaviour, he will knuckle down and start to do the basic things right to enable him to achieve his ambitions.

• Like 1

On 26/05/2021 at 14:37, TJB-fox said:

Maddison isn’t in the squad because he’s been absolutely shite for 75% of the season and made the headlines for the wrong reasons, not because he plays for Leicester city

And yet he still managed to create the most chances, make the most assists & score the 4th highest amount of goals despite only starting 30 out of 53 games.....

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Albert said:

And yet he still managed to create the most chances, make the most assists & score the 4th highest amount of goals despite only starting 30 out of 53 games.....

Because when he’s fit, he is a v good player

last time he was for us - Villa (a) in feb ??

just hope that they can find a way for him to get back to 100%

15 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Because when he’s fit, he is a v good player

last time he was for us - Villa (a) in feb ??

just hope that they can find a way for him to get back to 100%

A few illegal pre season parties under his belt and he'll be fine!😂

I believe that with the right mentoring (his life choices and distractions, his focus, his attitudes, his fitness, his strength, his decision making) and personal training he can come back and change games  us.  It's now or never and the club should to everything to sort this situation out.

• Like 1