Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Man City (A) Match Thread

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It’s alright bashing Rodgers.... but perhaps we aren’t good enough to take them on? Because I don’t think for a second we are. Their style is one we simply can’t handle. They ran Wolves ragged last week, we try and go head on against these and it would just be even easier for them. 

Problem is, we don’t even play the defensive game well. 

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Sorry you're right. We peppered them! 

Screenshot_20200927_164509_com.android.chrome.jpg

That wasn't my point as you well know. We didn't play anywhere near as deep as today. We went out to win it. Vardy was completely marooned up top - look how deep he's playing today. We were also destroyed down the flanks. Astonishingly, Brendan tried the same against Liverpool and we were similarly demolished. 

I’m not enjoying this, it’s rubbish. As others have said this was a good chance for us to have a go with them having so many players out and Brendan has come up with the most boring of boring shapes for us.

But last season we came here, played way too open and got hammered. The team’s confidence was then totally shot. Before we went 1-0 up here last season we should have been about 5-0 down. They battered us. So far today they’ve had 2 half chances and scored one. 

I don’t like it and I can’t abide Rodgers tactically but I see the merit in what he’s doing.

Watershed moment this. It’s alright looking the bollocks in games against sides we’re comfortably better than, but has he got any idea how to bridge the gap tactically to try and nullify teams that are better than us? I don’t think so, so what’s the end goal?