Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Man City (A) Match Thread

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Problem is, we don’t even play the defensive game well. 

I agree we don’t. But there are a few weaknesses out there that perhaps Rodgers just won’t drop. I do agree that he approaches these games passively, and pretty much always badly. But I feel he looks at these teams and just thinks “we’re not good enough to play them at their game” so in a way doesn’t bother. I mean you can attack them and lose, and sit off them and definitely lose, because this is exactly how city want you to play them. 

We used to actually be a thorn in city’s side by pressing them and playing on the front foot.... so far we’re just giving them the ball back at will...

For all the knocking of the tactics I’d argue it’s somewhat working. Compact deep block and looking to hit them on the break with Barnes and Vardy. Take the goal out out of it and we’ve restricted the chances they’ve made. 

But of course the fact is we are behind and it feels like we aren’t even competing. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Manini said:

“We’re never going to be able to compete with a team of their quality. But we showed good energy and collective spirit” 

“The midweek game against Arsenal took it toll on us a bit” :D