Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Man City (A) Match Thread

13 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Half a chance Amartey alongside Mendy Infront of back 4? lol

That's what I thought when I saw the lineup given what Rodgers turned to last season - not exactly sure whether I hope I am be mistaken or not as not equally convinced by Sky's interpretation or the idea of handing Amartey his PL CB debut!

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Didn't Amartey partner Andy King when we beat them 4-2? 😂😂😂

Whats the point of 3-5-2 when they aren't even playing a striker? Madness, Rodgers has shit it again. Albrighton over Perez I could just about stomach but what a madness this is. Please score a 30 yarder Daniel 😂😂😂

Yes that was our killer midfield that day! But back then, we didn't really play with a midfield, all our goals were balls from back to front with Mahrez bringing the ball down for Vardy.

TBH I am not upset with the team. The last time we played Man City they battered us, so trying something different is worth a shout. That said, Daniel Amartey as the thing to try was probably not the thing I had in mind, and I can't help but think of that penalty he gave away to Man United in the first game of the season a few years back and an error that led to a goal scored by Everton at the KP too. Going against the quality of opposition that he is playing against makes me very nervous.

What precisely did Brendan see that I didn’t on Wednesday?

Im a Dan fan…. But he had a Barry Crocker on Wednesday (potentially the worst of the starting Xl?)

perplexed doesn’t cover it

i am desperate to eat to eat my own words however 

C’mom Dan!!!!

2 minutes ago, shailen said:

Let's give Amartey a chance before we reserve judgement. I'm as baffled as anyone but it could turn out to be a tactical masterclass. 

Problem with Dan he needs half a dozen games when he’s fit to get up to speed, let alone when he’s been out injured for ages. But those first few games are often littered with mistakes. Fingers crossed he hits the ground running for a change.

1 minute ago, Le Renard said:

Yep but Bournemouth was a one off(I hope), and the first half we were so comfortable, it was only when Rodgers changed it in the second........and we know what happened then!

Same formation that saw us out the cup to Villa and lose top 4, it’s a horrible formation that does nothing but hinder us.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots
5 minutes ago, Mark said:

Maybe we don’t if his plan is a back three, even plays Amartey there against these to make a point

Personally I would of preferred him to stick with the team that beat Burnley , I think Brendan wants to play 3 at the back and wants the club to spend the money on a CB, the chances are we going to concede a few and Amartey looks out his depth, no one expects us to get owt so just highlights the lack of strength in depth

Worried about Amartey. He switches off and ball watches quite a lot. Against some teams, you just about get away with it. Against Man C, they will punish us. Puts added pressure on Evans/Mendy focusing on ensuring he doesn’t go into his mid game day dream. 

Otherwise, if it is 3 at the back, excited to see Castagne putting Mahrez under pressure to defend. Man C have a few out and their defence is shakey, get some chances boys.

Just now, Mark said:

Same formation that saw us lose to Villa, it’s a horrible formation that does nothing but hinder us.

Yes but if we just play the 4141 without Ndidi, we will get rolled over against Man city.  If the players get it right, it can work against Man city.........that is a big if though! 

7 minutes ago, Mark said:

Same formation that saw us out the cup to Villa and lose top 4, it’s a horrible formation that does nothing but hinder us.

To be fair, we played it in the home game vs these last season and went direct and looked good but that was with Iheanacho up top holding the ball up for Vardy. This looks the pits of a line up. Good job the Belgian trio are in fine fettle as we'll badly need them.