Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Man City (A) Match Thread

It has to be a CB position for Amartey

The weakest part of his game is to move the ball quickly so if BR has placed him anywhere other than CB then it'll be lamb to the slaughter.

If he does play CB then he might get by but I can still see him getting dragged here there and everywhere. I'd feel better if Castagne was playing his side but it's likely to be JJ, unless he plays plum in the middle of the 3??? 

Edited by Collymore

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Problem with Dan he needs half a dozen games when he’s fit to get up to speed, let alone when he’s been out injured for ages. But those first few games are often littered with mistakes. Fingers crossed he hits the ground running for a change.

Don't disagree, but I don't think he'll have more of a role than just man marking/being discliplined. Him and Mendy will be discliplined and very limited in getting forward which suggests it could be 3 at the back. 

4 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Remember seeing a YouTube vid of Amartey before he signed and he was rapid. Brendan masterclass Amartey playing as RW defending from the front and then counterattacking front 3 of Amartey - Vardy - Barnes :trumpet:

Only problem with that is Brendan has no master class we win or lose 

Lots of potential permutations to this line up.  Could be 3 atb, could be diamond (unlikely with their wingers), could be the Puelesque 4-2-3-1 with Mendy and Amartey CDMs, could be big Dan with a man marking job on De Bruyne as @shailen suggested.  I quite like that idea.

It will be interesting to see how we line up.

Whichever way we line up we're gonna lose I expect but at least it gets Man City (A) out of the way.

• Like 1