Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

West Ham (H) Match Thread

2 minutes ago, TheMightySystem said:

Not having that, only player aside from Tielemans who actually looks to do something when they get the ball.

'Looks' to do something.

What's he actually done?

Didn't fancy playing Vardy in to make it 1-1 did he?

Not great. Decent possession, especially early on, but can’t recall Fabianski making a save.

I can’t believe Antonio’s movement is beating our defence and he’s too strong.

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

I'd take Amartey off over Soyuncu as he's clearly the better CB and is class in a back 4. Don't let him being played in an unfamiliar role let you forget how good he is.

Really I think your forgetting  Amartey has only played 2 games for over a year and a half

That first half was so many first half’s from last season. 

And quite simply, we cannot defend. We let two soft goals in against Burnley and two soft ones today. Concentration levels of Cags really worrying 

Rodgers gets its wrong but the players, 1-11 have been dreadful 

Badly missing praet today. We also need a left back, I just don't see what Justin brings. Not positive going forward, not strong in the tackle, just jogged being Antonio to allow him a free header. Nowhere near Premier league level 

Evans is so frustrating on the ball, slows down play massively! In fact all our defenders have been shocking going forward and include Pérez being ineffective and Mendy playing like his old self it’s inevitable we’re going in the losing team.

11 minutes ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

Jesus overreaction much? Our midfield is bare bones, we're missing Preat, Madders and Ndidi.

So what, doesn't change the fact we're a mid table side. Not as easy a league as last season and we need to have a go at Europa. Will struggle to perform well every week with this squad.

Not a bad thing being a mid table side, could be worse. We could be West Brom or Fulham, or even Burnley.

West Ham have executed their game plan very well.

I’ve no idea what our game plan was today. Picking 5 at the back and a 4 man midfield against Manchester City makes sense, whether you liked it or not you could see the sense in it.

Today we’ve pissed away 45 minutes with a nonsensical and possibly non-existent plan.

1 minute ago, Trumpet said:

That extra time play summed us up 

Yeah that was pathetic.

We seem to lose all confidence when up against a team who wont let us play.

People on here losing their shit myself included.

No real positives for us to take into second half just hope rogers can change it up/inspire something