Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

West Ham (H) Match Thread

I've often thought Perez got too much criticism but today he's been awful. So many times he's wasted a through ball by playing it too long, too short or not at all.

I'd give Under a go to see what he can bring.

• Like 1

Assume he kept Amartey in without either Perez or Maddison to swap back into a 4-1-4-1. Just has not come anywhere close to working. Perez looks out of sorts completely and that’s making it much easier for West Ham. No coincidence Creswell is having so much time bringing ball out of defence. 

Just now, Corky said:

I've often thought Perez got too much criticism but today he's been awful. So many times he's wasted a through ball by playing it too long, too short or not at all.

I'd give Under a go to see what he can bring.

Why does it always look like he's falling over the ball?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

That half I’m afraid has showed the limitations of Mendy (and/or the tactics).

The times West Ham exploited the area between our midfield and defence was plain to see. 
They’ve targeted that area and we can’t stop them 

Surely that's on Rodgers? Back 3 against these is simply ridiculous 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, matty98 said:

Amartey off for Under at half time and Perez through the middle please

Why on earth anyone would keep Perez on, whatever his position is beyond me. Jogging about, no effort, giving the ball away, he's being slated on the radio as well. Armarty has arguably been our best defender today, Evans not fit.

2 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Soyuncu can’t play in a three.

Yes, he's struggled. 

Perez needs to go centrally and link the midfield to Vardy. Maybe pushing Amartey into Midfield alongside Mendy, might allow us to push Youri further forwards.

2 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

For all the credit BR got for last week. Keeping 5 at the back (with Amartey) at home to West Ham is crazy. 

I thought maybe BR had understood that changing it up against the bigger teams was the thing to do, but keeping this formation the week after makes me think it’s his new formation and we just got the run of the green rather than a tactical mastercalss

I think it comes down to BR not trusting 2 CBs without having Ndidi protecting it.

Yet again we lack leadership on the pitch when things start to go shaky. Our confidence is as fragile as a bird's egg. Not like the Ranieri days where Wes and co. would shake their fists and demand a step-up. See Villa back in 2015 when we were 0-2 down and then turned it around.