Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

West Ham (H) Match Thread

1 minute ago, Staff said:

Badly missing praet today. We also need a left back, I just don't see what Justin brings. Not positive going forward, not strong in the tackle, just jogged being Antonio to allow him a free header. Nowhere near Premier league level 

The problem is he's being asked to provide the width as the formation amongst other things has also messed Barnes' game up at he's ended up more central.

• Like 1

West Ham have got our number.

The final ball from Perez and Tielemans has been hideous. We are so easy to defend against when we circulate the ball slowly. We have to run at them or make them turn.

And as for the defending... 

Go for broke and put Cengiz on for Perez 

• Like 1

That was hard watching. Too slow and ponderous. Having Justin that far forward just squeezes Barnes out of the game. Perez 😞😞😞. Under cannot be less effective. Have to get the ball forward faster and sharper. This could get worse if we don’t change things up. 

5 minutes ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

I said it earlier and I'll say it again. Perez off and an enforcer in Choudhury will help recover this game. It allows Youri to get further forward. We are getting bullied and are not in control of the game at all. We need that extra man in midfield

How Perez keeps getting into this team is beyond me, 

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

Perez just isn't good enough and nobody will convince me otherwise. I think Soyuncu's had a pretty shoddy half. Justin unvinvolved but has made basic errors every time he's got it. I knew no Praet would go against us and the fact him and Maddison aren't on the bench tells me we probably aren't getting anything here.

I'd get Under on for Amartey and just go back to a back 4. They've completely nullified us here.

Amartey has been good, but I'd be tempted to make this change as well

• Like 1

Wolves played this formation against West Ham and got thrashed, and that's their normal formation, so they are more suited to it than us. We badly need to switch up, West Ham seem set up to completely nullify a more attacking opponents 352 and do them on the counter with Antonio.

Very poor. 

What Perez gives us, I'm not quite sure. 

Kasper wins the ball and he's doing a gentle jog up towards the half way line. 

Vardy is dropping deep to get the passes that he should be getting and it must piss him off when he gives everything and Perez is just jogging about. 

Might be an unpopular view, but I think he's a passenger in most games and I think he's been a waste of money

3 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

The old 5 at the back against bang average teams letting us down again. Amartey has done absolutely nothing but break-up every forward move and pass it backwards. Think this ones gone. Reality check. 

Amartey has played lots of forward passes. He has been one of our better players in that rubbish half. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Terrible performance so far. 

[b]Playing it around in the last minute summed it up.[/b]

Great quick thinking for their first and great touch for their second but it's not good enough from us throughout. 

How many times have we given the ball away? We need to get a hold of this game, fair the first set us back but the response has been weak. 

Head-scratcher this!
At least get it into the box and hope something happens. :(

• Like 1