Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

West Ham (H) Match Thread

West Ham will do this all game now. They've earnt the right to do so given the goals. Happy to sit back and just mop up anything we try to do. Can't see us scoring one, let alone 3 to turn it around. 

They'll be happy to just sit and break on the counter but even then, not like they seriously have to. 

Missing Praet and Maddison is killing us. Thought Perez might do well centrally but not working at all with how they're surrounded that area between 18 yard line and up towards halfway. Gets no space at all. Same for Barnes not being afforded space on the left and the wing backs. West Ham have nullified that very well. 

The old 5 at the back against bang average teams letting us down again. Amartey has done absolutely nothing but break-up every forward move and pass it backwards. Think this ones gone. Reality check. 

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Why did he become so negative today? Really don't get him sometimes:nigel:

13 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

This is on Rodgers playing three at the back for no good reason.

13 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Think he got the set up wrong here. Was fine doing that at Man City but not convinced by the shape. Doesn't help that Perez gives the ball away every time he gets it.

13 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

As soon as I saw the formation I was worried. Too much space for them. 

12 minutes ago, Dames said:

As good as he was tactically last week Rodgers has been poor this week. Should never be going 5 at the back against these.

He was worried about our height issue against them but today’s formation was not the answer against West Ham 

we have no option but to go for it second half which exposes us even more to them nicking a third on the break 

Edited by st albans fox

Didn’t think we started too bad even when it went 2-0 but we’ve got worse as the half has gone on.

McManaman nailed it and my issue that I keep complaining of (although at the time during this match I didn’t think we were playing that way). We have a lot of possession at the back but as we move up the pitch - when, we move up the pitch it’s lacking. As the half has gone on this has happened.

48 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Nah, Madders injury isn’t serious, he’s had an op which will slow his recovery. And don’t forget that when you have had and an injury like Madders it is likely to put strain in other parts of the body due to over compensating. It will take a few weeks for him to get back to full fitness. 

as for the set up I disagree, West Ham will come to press down the flanks, overlap and get balls into the box for the likes of Fornals and Bowen to pick up the scraps. So a three at the back will hopefully prevent that from happening, and allow us to get our full backs and wide players to overlap. And cause havoc. 

Not being funny, but no defence in this league will want Barnes, Vardy, Chestnut and Justin running at them. Not to mention Perez in and around to pounce on any lose balls. I’m confident we will win this.

How’s that prediction going so far?

Perez has wasted so many chances to play team-mates in, we are missing Praet hugely. Three at the back isn't working- Amartey himself hasn't played badly but we didn't need three centre-halves when the onus is on us to get forward and dictate the game.

We've been poor and our final ball has been so lacking.