Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

LCFC v Villa Match thread

4 minutes ago, bfox said:

Not sure how Grealish is getting away with carrying the ball 40 yards away every time we have a freekick .. not a bad first half, made some good breaks,just need a bit more qualiteh!

Yes. That really ticked me off! 

Played pretty well first half just lacked that final ball. Villa do look a threat on the break but we look much better on the ball. Can see Madders coming on at some point and possibly even Slimani which is something I never thought I'd say again. 

Not that much different from the first half v West Ham other than that we’re still level.

Villa just waiting for us to make a mistake in possession, which Tielemans has done twice, and our final ball is simply not good enough.

Could go either way.

1 minute ago, Bats8711 said:

We’ve had the ball in dangerous situations (after AV giveaways) and haven’t really taken advantage. I’m no hater but it does seem like any promising move dies with Perez

Yep. I'll be honest, I have no sense of excitement or anticipation when Perez receives the ball, which is very odd for a so called attacking player.

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Nacho just ain't it. Not many strengths to his game 

I said it for the past couple of months now. Just don't rate him. Doesn't do enough.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

Not surprised with there niggly fouls. They did it constantly in the league cup games last season.

We looks similar to previous games. A bit toothless. We lack a spark.. 

Hopeful Maddison or Under will come on and inject some creativity which is what we need.

This has got a 1-0 Slimani scruffy goal all over it.

Just now, Sunbury Fox said:

Yep. I'll be honest, I have no sense of excitement or anticipation when Perez receives the ball, which is very odd for a so called attacking player.

You know when he gets it that a slight breeze with knock him off the ball, or he'll stumble over it, or turn with the pace of a tank.

Just now, st albans fox said:

Some of our free kicks ......in fact nearly all of our free kicks .......what’s the point ?

Said it previously, sometimes you would think we might be better served just handing the ball back to the opposition.

Now I have said, we will go ahead and score off a free kick... lol

Why on earth are we passing back instead of forward when we have players in the box, we breaking down our own attacks.

Better to have an attack and lose the ball rather than keep it for an extra minute or two.

We seem to be valuing possession over goal attempts.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

Amazing how Fofana just slots right in. Keeps it simple. There was one pass that blew my mind. No wonder Puel wanted so much for him. He's an absolute steal and its only the first half.