Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

LCFC v Villa Match thread

4 minutes ago, Sampson said:

We've done alright.

These are the kinds of games the likes of Tielemans and Barnes need to take by the scruff of the neck though if they're to become the players they have the potential to be.

It's a bit unfair on Villa who are flying - especially after that unreal result against Liverpool. Grealish, McGinn and Luiz have done well so far tonight and they're pushing so high that our midfield is mostly getting bypassed here.

3 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

Yea absolutely commanding in the back at the moment! What we’ve been crying out for!

Grealish has the skill to unlock it though. We have seen that it only takes a lapse at the back for opposition to score. Justin has done well so far, as has Fofana, but I can easily see a goal on the counter if we're not careful.

Just now, st albans fox said:

I expect rodgers is concerned that under won’t track back - their left side is strong

I agree, which is the reason why I think Rodgers keeps persisting with Perez for his defensive positioning. He does cover the space well and get back, but going forward.. blehhh

3 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Amazing how Fofana just slots right in. Keeps it simple. There was one pass that blew my mind. No wonder Puel wanted so much for him. He's an absolute steal and its only the first half.

That's what great players do make it look simple. He's going to be great for us.

Just now, Tanya said:

Fofana looks amazing. Fair play to the lad.

He does look unfazed, but I'll reserve judgement until we've seen more. He's only really stood out because we consider his age and debut and are paying extra attention to him. But he deserves credit, of course. Encouraging passing and helping to keep Watkins quiet is impressive. Hope for 45mins more of the same :)