Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Villa post match

Just now, dylanlegend said:

I can’t see what Hamza brings to the team, he’s seems like he’s just jogging around and has no urgency at all

He's gone backwards quite a way in the last year or so. He was close to being a first team regular at one point, now he's struggling with quite a few areas of his game. His forward passing is pretty shit in all honesty.. suicide passes galore

1 minute ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

I did but then again I could have been a twat who thought it was funny I did. 

I didn't but i'd happily pay £15 to erase the fact I just watched that absolute dross for 90 minutes.

Edited by Frost
  • Haha 1

With not being able to get to games and not knowing when I'm going to be able to go next I am starting to feel nothing when we concede. That goal goes in and it's a little "shit" under the breath, game ends and to be honest I'm not fussed. For the first time in 25 years a result hasn't altered my mood one Jot. A scary thought. I'm just hoping that when we are able to go again, I get the rush when we score and the horrible feeling when we concede again, can't let CV19 take football away from me. 

On the game, I think it was flat all round they had the better chances and our fringe players got some time under their belts. Slimani looked rusty to say the least, but I think that was expected. 

On to the next one, dilly ding, dilly dong. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, les-tah said:

we signed Under because Rodgers admits we have no ability to break teams down but does not play him at all. Be a long season this...

Apparently he's not fit enough; which is a poor excuse. The guy should be busting himself to be fit prior to the move. Bloody annoying. 

I actually thought we looked noticeably better going forward after slim (and Maddison) came on. Not that that was a high bar. Would’ve liked to see under for Perez instead of hamza for mendy. I have to think (Brendan thought) mendy was getting tired but I didn’t really notice that. 

11 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Disagree. Nacho seemed more dangerous than Slim! 

Dangerously shit? Bare in mind Slim hasn't played a Premier League game in nearly 3 years, he looked more likely to do something, Nacho is a waste of time, lumbers around does very little. Not good enough.

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Like 1

Iheanacho feeding off scraps, Castagne shackled, Praet anonymous (injured) Perez useless, Barnes worse.

Defence were solid but awful awful subs! My god they were bad! We are threadbare I understand, but dear God. 

Villa were shocking themselves, horrible team. Cynical, nasty, everything we lack. We need a personality check, we lose these kind of games too often. 

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I just don't think Rodgers gets us as a club. We don't seem to play with any kind of aggression or urgency. Would love for it to click with him but I have serious doubts 

Agreed. I don't think he'll be here come the end of the season.

Literally nothing going forward bar Barnes and he's not developed enough to win a game on his own.

What's the point in having Perez on if all he offers is defensive work? May as well have Albrighton playing his role as at least he can put a threatening ball into the box.

Bin him off to Espanyol or some other dog shit in la liga.

What's the point in having Hamza on when he only has one job and yet is somehow nowhere near Barkley 25 yards out?

Bin him off to Forest or someone else at his level.

Why wasn't Under brought on when it was clear we needed more in attack? Clearly we're desperate for a Vardy heir apparent and another attacking midfield option. 

Nothing worse than a 7.45 Sunday KO. Finishing the weekend going to bed with the hump 🖕😆🖕

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

I think it’s easier for a manager to produce a good tactical plan against a team on the front foot (eg vs Man City), than it is against a team where you’re likely to be on the front foot yourselves (eg West Ham, today in theory). Rodgers isn’t showing me that he can coach a team to break down and penetrate teams that sit in, which is a huge problem going forward.

Lazy observation.

In what way did Villa sit in?

They just had better players in the final third today and it's as simple as that.

3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

He absolutely was.

Nacho was anonymous, but Slimani looked like a Sunday league player.

We've known Slimani isn't good enough for years. Have no idea why he's been recalled.

Because we don't have anyone else. That's how shallow our talent pool is.

12 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

I do begin to wonder with some of the decision-making. Perez was anonymous yet he sticks with him. Surely under might have changed things. We seem obsessed with possession. It’s so slow and ponderous

That was yet again a negative move by Rodgers. I'm assuming he thought Perez was more likely to track back to help Timmy defend against Grealish. Rather than thinking let's get Under on who will have a chance to get at Target as Grealish doesn't track back much either. 

Once again bossed by a bigger, more physical side as against West Ham. We were better today than that and Fofana and Justin had excellent games.

But the midfield other than Mendy was missing in action too often and we offered little up front especially as a result of that though not exclusively because of that. 

The goal was really annoying, just backing off to give space. 

A 12 hour shift, 15 quid down the drain and zero points. Still I was in A&E for 4 hours yesterday, so I managed to get through that to do it. 😂

• Like 1

Without Vardy, we didn’t look like we were ever going to score even if we played another 60 minutes.

The ‘chance’ that Castagne had in the first half, he had to take it even though the GK was covering the near post because no one tried to get into the box as Vardy would’ve.

3 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

Rodgers for me could have 4 games left. We could quite easily lose the next 4 looking at the fixtures and that's 6 defeats in a row and he'd be gone.  And I'm not sure I'd be bothered.   

What a disaster sacking him a year after that new contract.

I can't imagine how much this would cost the club in compensation.