Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Villa post match

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I just don't think Rodgers gets us as a club. We don't seem to play with any kind of aggression or urgency. Would love for it to click with him but I have serious doubts 

i was well behind him but starting to have doubts now, when he first arrived we was playing fast, forward football and scoring for fun then all of a sudden we have turned into this boring passing team that will have one good game in 5.

1 minute ago, BigGibbo said:

Literally nothing going forward bar Barnes and he's not developed enough to win a game on his own.

What's the point in having Perez on if all he offers is defensive work? May as well have Albrighton playing his role as at least he can put a threatening ball into the box.

Bin him off to Espanyol or some other dog shit in la liga.

What's the point in having Hamza on when he only has one job and yet is somehow nowhere near Barkley 25 yards out?

Bin him off to Forest or someone else at his level.

Why wasn't Under brought on when it was clear we needed more in attack? Clearly we're desperate for a Vardy heir apparent and another attacking midfield option. 

Nothing worse than a 7.45 Sunday KO. Finishing the weekend going to bed with the hump 🖕😆🖕

There is! A 7:15 kick off that you're being asked to pay 15 quid for.

• Like 1

I can’t be the only one that suspected when Hamza came on instead of Under that we were just waiting to concede 

what was baffling for me is the last 5 minutes before the goal our shape was awful. Nobody was coming back,  a combination of fitness , effort and people not understanding their roles when they came on. 

Edited by Lambert09

Injuries matter and they've had a devastating effect. After the restart last season, losing Ricardo/Chilwell/Maddison weakened the club to the point where it cost them the Champions League. Now you've got Ricardo/Ndidi, Soyuncu/Vardy and Maddison still unable to go 90, it's too much to overcome.  Difference is when top 6 clubs get to this point, they can still put quality Premier League talent out on the pitch. Leicester is forced to turn to Championship level talent.  Sucks but what can you do?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

I actually thought we looked noticeably better going forward after slim (and Maddison) came on. Not that that was a high bar. Would’ve liked to see under for Perez instead of hamza for mendy. I have to think (Brendan thought) mendy was getting tired but I didn’t really notice that. 

How could you not notice!? Mendy looked absolutely out of his depth for the entire 2nd half and i was screaming for that sub about 15 mins before it did. It was only for Forfana whilst we were still 0-0 when Hamza came on.

Much as I don’t rate Hamza he has to start over Mendy because teams over run us too easy otherwise.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

Rodgers for me could have 4 games left. We could quite easily lose the next 4 looking at the fixtures and that's 6 defeats in a row and he'd be gone.  And I'm not sure I'd be bothered.   

He won’t. He won’t go unless we go down. It would cost far too much to get rid of him. And then who comes in? I think we’ve just got to face facts that we are on for a long season, with a shitty away match in Ukraine. 

10 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I am sorry but that set up, and many previous ones, stink of a manager who's only real achievements have ever come in Scottish Football.

Once again, waits until the pressure is insufferable before making any changes and then when changes are made, and the game is there to be attacked and won, he brings on HAMZA FU$%ING CHOUDHURY!!...

Clueless with the Slimani substitution too, Every one know's that his strength (If anything) is his heading ability. So we bring him on and stick him up top, alone, where we then need to rely upon his main weakness (Speed) for him to actually create anything. If we are going to play Slimani, and want him to make any form of impact, we need to be putting crosses in for him to attack. Barnes was dross tonight and totally incapable of putting anything into the box so the Choudhury change should have been Under or Albrighton.

The tactic's tonight were so negative. If we can't run a risk and go for the 3 points against Villa (AT HOME!) then who can we actually play attacking football against?

The only positives tonight were good performances from Castagne, Fofana and Perez (Albeit the bandwagon clan wont admit to it).

Youri (Concrete boots) Tielemans average, Barnes rubbish, Nacho....well Nacho.....

I am sorry but a home loss against Villa is slightly embarrassing. And don't come at we with the "They just beat Liverpool" because that result was about as in form as ours against Man City.

Perez offered nothing. I'm not a Perez hater by any stretch and I normally defend him but it is starting to be a bit baffling why he gets picked every week when he has offered nothing yet this season. 

5 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

Rodgers for me could have 4 games left. We could quite easily lose the next 4 looking at the fixtures and that's 6 defeats in a row and he'd be gone.  And I'm not sure I'd be bothered.   

Neither would I. I've never warmed to him and he's shown nothing to suggest he can turn it around.

16 minutes ago, sdb said:

Second half particularly weak. I think BR is happy losing games when good players are injured. Seems to be a ready made excuse for him, but there's still good players out there. Fair play to villa. Organised and up for it. Hard not to be jealous. 

Controversial opinion but is Evans becoming a liability? I know it's sacrilege to criticise him on here but imo he's been woeful since Bournemouth.

16 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

This first five games is our entire last season encapuslated. Early promise but ultimately fear overcomes us and we won't achieve anything.

That Choudhury sub just sums it up. That's a sub of fear. We paid the price.

at least we had 40 points before the wheels fell off ...... nine won’t be enough!

14 minutes ago, ALE said:

Where is Under guys? Couldn’t he bring life to the attack? Agreed that we deserved this result, unfortunately.

see the answer below in bold 

5 minutes ago, Mark said:

Last few games we've been too bothered about the opposition than ourselves. Playing it safe for 90 minutes. Even when we brought Slimani on we decided to bring Choudhury on after instead of Under to potentially create something up front for him - it was seen better for Perez to hover around for the whole match helping out Castagne with Grealish.

2 minutes ago, Sampson said:

He absolutely was.

Nacho was anonymous, but Slimani looked like a Sunday league player.

We've known Slimani isn't good enough for years. Have no idea why he's been recalled.

I think he is recalled because Nacho is dogshit, when he is anonymous like he was and often is we have absolutely nothing up front.

I honestly saw Nacho do not one good thing in that game, at least Slim made a bit of a nuisance even if it was non league standard. We put a decent cross in to his head, he will score. Nacho will spoon it wide 10 times and deflect one in off his shin, hes absolute crap. I am sick of him now, next window get him gone.

5 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

we couldnt afford a striker where will the 50 million compo come from to give to rodgers

Just now, Fightforever said:

Champions league quality first team then outside of that championship level.

That IF we have everyone fit and healthy and a good chunk of them are in decent form, otherwise its post XMAS rubbish all day long

1 minute ago, Brooksy said:

Its worrying that so many people can't see it really.

But we were flying after the first 3 games. Lots of momentum from day one against West Brom. What would there have been to 'see' at that point after the Man City game? It clearly wasn't 'luck' as you said to win 3 games convincingly like we did. That's not the definition of 'luck'. 

The last 2 have been horrible don't get me wrong, but I bet you were dead quiet after the first 3 games?

• Like 2

Played for a point and got what we deserved really...nothing.

Injuries aside, we have known for ages now No Vardy equals No goals.

We set up and played straight into Villas hands they sit back and hit on break through Grealish (who had a good game I thought only player on the pitch who looked like would make something happen)

Second half of last season and today we’re starting too see too many of these lacklustre types of performances.

We need a right b*****rd in midfield to give some of these a kick up the ass, as there is no urgency, strolling round like were 4 up and forget possession stats as most of ours is between Schmeichel and the back line.

Unsure of what Brendan’s game plans are.....Think he has got a big next 10 games on his hands.

Surely he cannot find any positives from today’s performance 

Best we could hope for tonight was a draw. They were better than us for nearly all the game. They had the luxury of picking their first XI, we haven’t yet this season.

9 from 5 is fine, just hurts that we’ve lost home games to teams that we should finish ahead of. 

Mendy stays on we draw that. And if Rodgers doesn’t yet know that Hamza can play 8, but can’t play 4, he does now.

We need much, much better player availability. Add Ricardo, Ndidi & Vardy to that side and we win many more games than we lose.

Is it too soon for me to talk about a goalie upgrade?!?!

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

He won’t. He won’t go unless we go down. It would cost far too much to get rid of him. And then who comes in? I think we’ve just got to face facts that we are on for a long season, with a shitty away match in Ukraine. 

Its just annoying that the various managers that have come and gone and even Rodgers surely knows we have nothing up front without vardy, and in what, 4 or 5 transfer windows we've done nothing to address it. It just screams to me of piss poor planning and management across the board

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

Perez offered nothing. I'm not a Perez hater by any stretch and I normally defend him but it is starting to be a bit baffling why he gets picked every week when he has offered nothing yet this season. 

Under for Perez was such an obvious sub tonight