Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Villa post match

5 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Can’t really complain can we, most expected a loss and it was only 1-0 so result really I guess 

I know you're probably being sarcastic but it quite literally is the opposite of a result.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Where was our defensive midfielder, exactly why Hamza can't be trusted. No positional sense whatsoever.

Didn't deserve to win, probably didn't deserve to lose either but they looked the more likely 

We just never have control of the midfield. Never look like scoring at home and with arsenal next, the very promising start as disappeared. 

If you thought Brendan brought him on to be a DM there at 0-0 when we already had a DM on, you may as well start watching Boules. dreadful performance overall Going forward

I am sorry but that set up, and many previous ones, stink of a manager who's only real achievements have ever come in Scottish Football.

Once again, waits until the pressure is insufferable before making any changes and then when changes are made, and the game is there to be attacked and won, he brings on HAMZA FU$%ING CHOUDHURY!!...

Clueless with the Slimani substitution too, Every one know's that his strength (If anything) is his heading ability. So we bring him on and stick him up top, alone, where we then need to rely upon his main weakness (Speed) for him to actually create anything. If we are going to play Slimani, and want him to make any form of impact, we need to be putting crosses in for him to attack. Barnes was dross tonight and totally incapable of putting anything into the box so the Choudhury change should have been Under or Albrighton.

The tactic's tonight were so negative. If we can't run a risk and go for the 3 points against Villa (AT HOME!) then who can we actually play attacking football against?

The only positives tonight were good performances from Castagne, Fofana and Perez (Albeit the bandwagon clan wont admit to it).

Youri (Concrete boots) Tielemans average, Barnes rubbish, Nacho....well Nacho.....

I am sorry but a home loss against Villa is slightly embarrassing. And don't come at we with the "They just beat Liverpool" because that result was about as in form as ours against Man City.

Edited by adejo92

2 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

The Hamza sub wasn't random. There were spaces opening up everywhere in the midfield cuz Youri and Mendy were out on their feet. Unfortunately for Rodgers, Hamza couldn't keep his concentration for a full 20 minutes and left Barkley all the time in the world. He was brought on to restrict those spaces and he didn't.

Yep the lads concentration lets him down massively. He’ll never be more than a Prem back up player and maybe a half decent Championship starter.

• Like 1

Just now, worksopfox said:

We needed to buy a striker in the transfer market!

No cutting edge!!

Also Choudhury not good enough, lost his man to easy!!

In the 90th minute?

Love to know based on today's performance what striker would have made much difference? We we so laboured and barely created any openings? Only one 2nd half was Slimani in to Barnes who skied it.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Under should have come on at some point. Disappointed he couldn't be on when it was 0-0 and still go for the win. Hamza on is too negative-minded. 

We were getting totally overrun in midfield. Tielemans and Mendy had no chance as we kept lumping long or too ambitious balls forward. They were almost non-stop sprinting to recover for 10-15 mins which prompted the Hamza sub. Well played Villa, they were relentless and well-organised. Grealish obviously the outstanding player, but Targett was a great outlet while the two centerbacks were essentially flawless.

Disappointing result and performance. The injuries are taking their toll and show how poor our squad really is. Absolutely no depth in quality, especially in the attacking positions.

Barnes needs to kick on this season but doesn't look the part often enough. Perez simply isn't anywhere near good enough. Without Vardy we simply don't have a decent goal scorer.

Anyone who thinks we can finish top six this season is deranged. Bottom half even potetnially bottom six looks more likely quite honestly. There's just not enough leadership on the pitch and players don't seem able to grind out results.

We've played 2 of the so-called lesser teams at home and not scored a goal and lost both. Long hard season ahead.

Simply didn't reinforce enough in the transfer window to be able to compete without our best players.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sly said:

Nacho and Perez aren’t good enough. Barnes goes missing and is anonymous in games at times (like Nacho / Perez). 

Slimani looked like a fan that had won a chance to play. He doesn’t suit this system. I’d forgotten he’d got no pace and a touch like a baby elephant. 

Choudhury isn’t good enough. Should have kept Mendy on. 

The back four looked okay in all honesty. No protection once Mendy went off, which is why Choudhury needs to find a new home .... far away from us.  

Spot on on keeping Mendy on. That area in front of the back-4 that he usually sits is where Barkley drove unmolested for the shot. 

Brendan again making a sub that didn’t need to be made. What exactly was the goal? Settle for a draw? Meanwhile Pérez was falling all over while Ünder sat on the bench.

A draw would have probably been fair. Villa are at full strength and we have a LOT of key players injured. But the fact is we're toothless without Vardy. I get in the summer a lot of people put their faith in Kelechi, and they'll say he needs to be part of a pairing, or whatever excuse they want, but he's just not good enough. EVERY time he's been given the opportunity to grab a game by the scruff of the neck, impose himself, scare opposition, he FAILS. Vardy's calf injury is the sort of problem older players get and it'll niggle at him until the end of his career. We brought on Slimani ffs. That kind of sums it up! It didn't take a genius to work out we need(ed) a striker, especially if we want to challenge for top 6 AND compete in Europe. That was with Vardy healthy. There's a lot of talent in this squad (Fofana looks pure class) and I don't really blame Brendan but it's a problem we've left too late to fix. It's going to be a bumpy season.

Sadly I agree with what many said in the match thread. These cnuts deserved the 3 points. We were ****ing about for most of the 90 minutes, and it's all down to BR's negative approach. If I didn't see the banners and the team names in the corner, I'd swear it was an away game against a top 4-6 team. BR was so busy chatting some mysterious shit to Madders on the sideline he forgot to bring him on earlier. What was the purpose of Hanza when we needed to press them, only Preki knows. The individual effort was there, but I feel the manager's too respectful approach was our undoing. I'd rather have us lose 1-3 after a risky play than be sucker punched like that, in the ending minutes. Gutting.

Edited by Chester Dontlie