Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bevan

Maddison

13 minutes ago, foxaholic said:

I  think Maddison is over rated nobody  explains why Prat can often  get in the worlds number  one side but is considered inferior to  one who cant get anywhere near a much inferior international side

I keep on seeing this and it's such a dumb argument. Praet has 9 apps for belgium at the age of 27, a few of those are subs, maddison is only 23. England also has more options in midfield than belgium as we're a bigger country so there's more competition and also no top 6 bias in belgium. You really think leicester's bench midfielder would get called up for england? Absolutely no chance, im not sure even tielemans would be given a proper chance in the starting 11. We need to rate players based on their quality in a leicester shirt rather than what national team they play for.

• Like 3

I've got to be honest he is really starting to frustrate me. There's an amazing player under all that bravado and "coffee club", "avengers WhatsApp group" and "I want everyone to talk about James Maddison" I wish he would just get his head down and work on his game rather than all the BS with Instagram/adverts and 'banter' 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I've got to be honest he is really starting to frustrate me. There's an amazing player under all that bravado and "coffee club", "avengers WhatsApp group" and "I want everyone to talk about James Maddison" I wish he would just get his head down and work on his game rather than all the BS with Instagram/adverts and 'banter' 

How do you know he doesn't do both?!

• Like 3

I'm not disappointed Maddison,  he is what he is,   skilful but often ineffective 

. Rodgers shouldn't have started him. That was the error. It was so predictable that he'd make a selection clanger for a huge game, I was just trying to work out before which one it would be,  I was thinking it might be to bring back Perez

2 minutes ago, John12345 said:

I'm not disappointed Maddison,  he is what he is,   skilful but often ineffective 

. Rodgers shouldn't have started him. That was the error. It was so predictable that he'd make a selection clanger for a huge game, I was just trying to work out before which one it would be,  I was thinking it might be to bring back Perez

I think it was BR that got it wrong not so much Madders, Praet was a much better fit for the opposition we were playing.

For me, Madders needs to get a bit stronger, and to remember to pass and move more. He gives you some great through balls and draws fouls, but any need midfielder needs to link play at times, and not try to do it all themselves.

Having said that, JE's instinctive finish gave Liverpool momentum they should not have had, so it looks worse than it would have been.

Just now, Grebfromgrebland said:

Klopp said before the game that the only way to stop Vardy is to nullify the supply line.

That's exactly what Liverpool did and our players couldn't find an answer to it.

There's a reason why Liverpool are world, European and English champions.

I think Bayern would disagree :whistle:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Corners are still shit but his work for the second and third goals was top class.

His set pieces have got progressively worse since he's been here, as have Tielemans. It baffles me why we seem so bad at set pieces both attacking and defending.

Quality tonight from Maddison though, get him behind Vardy vs Fulham and open them up.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

His set pieces have got progressively worse since he's been here, as have Tielemans. It baffles me why we seem so bad at set pieces both attacking and defending.

Quality tonight from Maddison though, get him behind Vardy vs Fulham and open them up.

The. It's almost like Maddison never gets enough height on the ball with free kicks or corners. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

The. It's almost like Maddison never gets enough height on the ball with free kicks or corners. 

Yeah, it’s hard to disagree but an argument against this would be that the perfect corner just clears the first man at near post and the perfect free kick just clears the wall... 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

His first corner was garbage, but shouldn't we acknowledge the decent delivery for the Evans and Fofana chances? Or was that Albrighton taking those? Also, he's one of the highest scoring players in the PL from direct free kicks, isn't he?

This season rather than rotating with Tielemans, Youri is definitively playing as the deep lying playmaker and Maddison as the offensive one, and both have improved as a result. The way he shaped his body to receive Vardy's pass at the end of last night's match was world class. All 6 of Braga's defenders were shitting themselves worrying about what he was going to, which made the space in behind for Albrighton to find Vardy. 

Even when Maddison isn't scoring / assisting, he makes things happen and is an integral part of the team. His injury at the end of last season contributed to our downfall, even if Ricardo is maybe the bigger overall miss. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Before this season, I'd never seen him play well on the wing, but now he's added an extra dimension to his game.

Agreed. I'm not sure where the negative posts on here are coming from, seems bazaar.

Madders set preices are poor but they are not that poor. Tielemans is better at out wide free kicks into the box and madders is at direct ones. Just need practice.

Regarding madders position its ridiculous that people are laying into him. BR got it wrong last year by playing him too deep and too far on the left and it's why hes competing with Praet in his current no9 position. So considering madders has been injured as well as moving into a new position where I believe he should've been played all along, then my opinion is that he needs a break from people slating him. It's even more complicated that he has had to operate with all of the different formations that BR has utilised this season.