Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Liverpool (A).. early thoughts.

11 minutes ago, Nick said:

Lots of peeps putting out their preferred  teams leaving Maddison out... 

Incredible really whether you agree with it or not that it’s even considered an option!

Shows how far we’ve come.

We’ve gone from people saying our bench looked average to a squad that most the league would be jealous of all due to the formation change!

Got a really good feeling about tonight. I think the lads are full of confidence and it's starting to feel like the title winning season.

Tonight will be our Man City away moment and I might even listen to TalkSport tomorrow for the first time in ages.

• Like 1

Mental how (over) confident a lot of our fans are. I don’t care who’s injured it’s still Liverpool. Anyone expecting a Leicester walkover should probably give watching it a miss tonight because you’ll be disappointed. 

All these injuries yet a front 3 of Mane Jota Firmino speaks volumes. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Mental how (over) confident a lot of our fans are. I don’t care who’s injured it’s still Liverpool. Anyone expecting a Leicester walkover should probably give watching it a miss tonight because you’ll be disappointed. 

All these injuries yet a front 3 of Mane Jota Firmino speaks volumes. 

Yet a few weeks ago every time a team was announced the very same fans were all saying it was going to be a battering against us, football really is a fickle life......

Liverpool at home, no matter who they have missing, are still an incredible force. Got a feeling it'll be typical foxestalk this evening and full of doom and gloom. Way too many expecting something from this match, there's gonna be some very disappointed fans.

Yes we have a right be confident, but quietly so. But anything but a loss is a terrific result tonight, seems that a fair few have fallen for the medias stance on Liverpools injury crisis and are expecting an easy game because they're missing 4 or 5 players, whilst forgetting we've been in the same boat for a while and still won games whilst looking decent

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4

When we played the traditional top six last year we took 9 pts out of a possible 36, with only 2pts coming away from home.

So far we are 6 from 6 with two away wins, today is the litmus test for me.

I'd take a draw.

7 pts from Man C, Arsenal and Liverpool away would be an amazing return.

• Like 1

I'm most certainly not confident about tonight, regardless of Liverpool having injuries they'll still be fielding a very strong team and will no doubt have VAR on their side. 

I'm hopeful we'll get something but not expecting we will. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Yet a few weeks ago every time a team was announced the very same fans were all saying it was going to be a battering against us, football really is a fickle life......

Liverpool at home, no matter who they have missing, are still an incredible force. Got a feeling it'll be typical foxestalk this evening and full of doom and gloom. Way too many expecting something from this match, there's gonna be some very disappointed fans.

Yes we have a right be confident, but quietly so. But anything but a loss is a terrific result tonight, seems that a fair few have fallen for the medias stance on Liverpools injury crisis and are expecting an easy game because they're missing 4 or 5 players, whilst forgetting we've been in the same boat for a while and still won games whilst looking decent

Agreed. We have a really good team and manager so have a chance in every game this season. But jheez some of the comments in here. 

If youre heading into this tonight thinking 3 points in the bag then you haven’t supported Leicester very long lol

Sort of culture Klopp has created is that when players get their chance in the first team they normally take it because they’re all desperate to win and succeed. Tough tough game. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, PaddyS said:

Got a really good feeling about tonight. I think the lads are full of confidence and it's starting to feel like the title winning season.

Tonight will be our Man City away moment and I might even listen to TalkSport tomorrow for the first time in ages.

If Arsenal win - do not bother as a positive result for us will not get a mention on the Breakfast show.

51 minutes ago, Nick said:

Lots of peeps putting out their preferred  teams leaving Maddison out... 

Incredible really whether you agree with it or not that it’s even considered an option!

Shows how far we’ve come.

Maddison is our most underrated player for me.

Amazing that anyone wouldn't pick him for our first XI, I think he's one of the best players I've ever seen in a Leicester shirt. 

Liverpool are very good even with some key players missing. 

Klopp is a very good motivater and is tactically brilliant. 

They also have VAR, which is the extra man after not having their fans there. 

In a Keegan style 'I would love it' if we beat them. 

The fact we're being taken seriously by the elite clubs shows just how far we've come and I'm dead proud of that. 

COY🦊

Going into tonight with zero expectations and no fear of losing. If we lose, we are still ahead of where most of us thought we would be this season. The worst thing about losing tonight would be how much of a hardon the media will have about Liverpool. 

If I'm holding out any hope at all, it is that if we do lose, people on here don't overreact but I'm well aware that i would be as well hoping for the entire female cast of game of Thrones doing naked cartwheels past my living room window with £50 notes sticking out their foofs. 

• Like 1

This is our third top six fixture in our first nine games - that works out. So far we’ve taken max points from the first two 

last year we were doing ok and then lost this fixture - we then went on a long winning run.  Even if we don’t get a result tonight, there’s no reason that we can’t go on another run. 

a win tonight would be so good for our mental fortitude.....the players would believe that they can achieve anything this season ! 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Agreed. We have a really good team and manager so have a chance in every game this season. But jheez some of the comments in here. 

If youre heading into this tonight thinking 3 points in the bag then you haven’t supported Leicester very long lol

Sort of culture Klopp has created is that when players get their chance in the first team they normally take it because they’re all desperate to win and succeed. Tough tough game. 

Sounds like our last six matches with the injuries we've had. Not one of our players has let us down.