Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Everton (H) Match Thread

So, Leicester. What are you made of?

Up the pace, turn their defenders, make their keeper work and we can get something out of this.

Keep circulating the ball slowly and giving the ball away cheaply and I doubt we will.

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

It’s ANOTHER typical Tielemans performance

Moments of lovely play, but generally marked out of the game by an opposition midfield that is bigger and stronger than ours

Ive said this before, if I was an opposition manager my first directive would be to stamp on Tielemans 

Dacoure is a good player 

Maddison is coming a bit too deep and with Justin and Under on the right (and Tielemans hanging more on right side of central midfield) Tielemans is not given the space to take control. We need to give him more control and space and perhaps we need Praet in for Mendy and Perez in for Maddison.

Edited by Tom12345

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Saying all this, I feel we could get something out of this game. Get Mendy off, get Morgan on and bring Wilf into the midfield to provide the strength and ‘legs’

Agreed! This is why we need another CM imo.. Can’t just rely on Wilf to do all the dirty work. 

Just now, Arriba Los Zorros said:

You said we were passive and passing it around the back and it's not true, we've gone forwards every time with it. The only way we could be more direct would be playing long balls.

We have been passive which is what leads to the hopeful direct balls.

Moving it too slow, which mean we can't open them up, which leads to us going too direct as we run out of ideas.

The passing needs to be sharper and quicker. Being aggressive doesn't mean you have to be slinging the ball in the box, it about playing with  a tempo that make the opposition feel uncomfortable.

Do you think we have made things uncomfortable for Everton?