Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Manchester United (H) Pre-Match

3 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Never confident when we play united, but I have been praying. (Brother is a united fan). 

What's your brother's excuse for that?! I love the way people without any obvious connection to Man U find the most far fetched excuses for jumping on that particular bandwagon!

Man Utd seem to be a Jekyll & Hyde team much like us.  The difference is that we can look fantastic or hopeless from game to game whereas United seem to do it in spurts.  They can go for periods looking like Rotherham and then go on a run of games looking like Real.  The bad news is that they're on one of their good runs at the moment.

1 hour ago, Tom12345 said:

I think this is an opinion and many do not agree that he is (yet). He has improved last two games so hopefully he will continue to do so. Praet is a very intelligent player too - he creates for the team through his movements. Madders is more of a flair player with nicer moves on the eyes but it does not mean he is more talented than some of our other players. And I don’t get what “innovative” or “creative” means? If anything, Tielemans is more “innovative” with his long passes that others do not see (and he can execute them; incidentally Ndidi can see them too but his techniques are poor), Barnes is more “innovative” when it comes to creating with his mazy runs especially against stubborn defences; Perez is more “innovative” in terms of his quick feet around the box and his snap shooting when defenders least expect it. Madders is good with twists and turns (but he should keep them to when needed to become more effective rather than a time waster and slows down play), turning players and the occasional good solo runs or not bad short to mid range passing near the box (but weight and angle of his passing and his movements off the ball still need a lot improvement to be near the “most innovative” label that gets thrown around, but I hope he does succeed).

On his day he is as good as anyone and certainly the most techincal player in the midfield alongside Youri, both have to start

36 minutes ago, murphy said:

Man Utd seem to be a Jekyll & Hyde team much like us.  The difference is that we can look fantastic or hopeless from game to game whereas United seem to do it in spurts.  They can go for periods looking like Rotherham and then go on a run of games looking like Real.  The bad news is that they're on one of their good runs at the moment.

Let's not mention Rotherham. I'm still disappointed by the Boxing Day defeat to Rotherham when we were top or near it, of the Championship, and they were bottom.

57 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Never confident when we play united, but I have been praying. (Brother is a united fan). 

My brother - in law is a Man U fan. He has an excuse for that, he is from Manchester. The person who has no excuses is my sister :ph34r:. Any way - we'd better bloody win.

• Like 1

Got a strong feeling we'll lose today. Not by fault of BR or the players, just that they really are the better team despite being a hideous club.

With a bit of luck, someone can snap rat faces ankle.

It's really funny to say it, but, their weakness to exploit is that bulk of sh1t, Maguire.

I can take losing this game so long as we approach it like we did the spurs game.  Get in their face, put a foot in, give all for the cause. If that amount of effort isn't good enough on the day then so be it.  But Jesus, don't leave it all in the dressing room on the day, thats all we ask. If we want to be known as a team that can regularly challenge top 6 places, we have to believe we can go toe to toe with them, not let them play their own football whilst we watch on in awe.

Edited by kristianity77
  • Like 2