Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Manchester United (H) Pre-Match

On 24/12/2020 at 10:52, TJB-fox said:

I don’t, but he’s highly unlikely to start anyway now Castagne is back. We’d probably play Justin left centre back, or even Amartey, with Albrighton and Castagne on the wings. Just making the point let’s not take the piss here he’s still very capable of doing a good job against whatever opposition and I hope that if he does start I won’t see hundreds of Leicester fans slagging him off before we’ve even kicked a ball. 

OK sure, but can we agree that not everyone disappointed that we're forcing a 34 year old former left winger, converted in to a left back, to play extremely out of position as a centre half in order to push a formation we don't HAVE to play, is "slagging him off" or "disrespecting a club legend"? 

On 24/12/2020 at 16:45, Stuntman_Mike said:

Leicester v Man Utd (12:30 GMT)

Both of these sides are much better on the road than they are at home - United have won all six of their away league games this season.

Leicester, meanwhile, have got half as many points at Walkers Stadium as they have on their travels - nine at home, compared to 18 away.

The Foxes' latest excellent away result came against Tottenham last weekend and, although there is a lot more to them than just one player, they are set up to get the best out of Jamie Vardy and they play to his strengths.

An in-form Vardy is hard for anyone to stop, but I look at United and I see a team that is just clicking into gear. I am backing them to make it seven away wins out of seven.

Lawro's prediction: 0-2

lol 

Thank fook for that. Nailed on win. :D

32 minutes ago, lcfc cowboys said:

Even though I don't think we will win tommorow man utd are not that good away from home yes they have won how many in a row but if Southampton had defended there 2nil lead better man utd would not have won that game. Ole is a shite manager not done nothing at all in his tenure with the money they have spent. Overrated team come City stick it up them 

I still find it incredible how many foxesforum fans & others,including Media are dramatically underrating both Ole & Lampard...

I  have believed since last season these two are going to take their clubs into a new successful era...

Chasing around looking for the smallest of Schadenfreude  statements, only Leads to a lost Corner deep within ones own frustration...

Bit like Xmas when one doesnt  get that One major present, One was Desperate for,

then Blame it on the reindeers & rudolf, because their noses werent shining bright enough..

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I still find it incredible how many foxesforum fans & others,including Media are dramatically underrating both Ole & Lampard...

I  have believed since last season these two are going to take their clubs into a new successful era...

They both also have incredible budgets to play with. They have benches that cost more than most premier league sides.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gurru991 said:

They both also have incredible budgets to play with. They have benches that cost more than most premier league sides.

Yes but you still have to manage it, the given and Changing squad of high Quality expectant players, expectant/often entitled fans & local/National media,Plus more importantly your Management & owners, who went for these young Gun (player) legends..

I reckon both have The right Cut to be successful & both will do it their own way....

At the moment, they are both a breath of fresh wind, for totally different reasons I like both of them....

IMO it was/is easy to criticise often using mundane snidey remarks, from fickle & Short-sighted fans & pundits.

Ole, like is playing days,  the young Assassin & there is more nous & reasoning inside him than some give Credit for....

Ditto Lampard..!!!

They were/are longshot descisions, that will Pull it off....I

Too much cynicism,  jealousy and Crude envy....

Edited by fuchsntf

53 minutes ago, ferry67 said:

The law of averages says we are due a win on Boxing Day and they are due a loss away! That’s my only hope after a few Christmas cocktails 

Last time we beat a London club away the game before Boxing Day, we then followed it up with a home win to a Manchester club. Omens are good.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

To be fair a lot of LCFC say the same things about teams like Fulham etc.

A sense of entitlement run deep in most football fans, of many clubs, including ours.

Yeah but would we say that about Fulham if they were ahead of us in the table and had finished in and around us a number of times in recent years? I don't think so.

It's not surprising to hear Man U "fans" saying such stuff, though. After all, the legions of these "fans" who grew up hundreds of miles from Manchester, with no obvious family link to the club, often support them for the simple reason that they are regarded as being the biggest club. How else do you explain so many people in places like Cornwall and even London supporting them? People jump on the bandwagon expecting an easy ride to success, knowing that even if they are not top of the league they can pathetically boast that they support the biggest team. It's why so many of us have so little time for Man U as a club.

• Like 1

I'm confused whether we go and try and control the game like we did against spurs or if we sit back and try and counter against them. If it's a straight shoot out like we attack and then they attack, I'm afraid how things will end as they've got more quality up front then us, so I'd rather we aim to control the game by pressing them high up the pitch to stop them getting out when they win the ball back. 

The last time we defeated Manchester United was back in September 21, 2014 in a fascinating 5-3 victory with goals coming from Vardy, Ulloa (x2), Cambiasso, and Nugent.

The last time we drew Manchester United was back in December 23, 2017 in a 2-2 draw with Vardy getting on the scoresheet and Maguire (ironically) scoring the equaliser in the 90th minute for the match to end in a draw.

Edited by Iran

49 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

People bigging them up too much imo. 

Yes they're very capable but was I the only one that watched their games v Palace, WBA, Spurs, Chelsea etc? 

They've been an utter shambles at times. 

...but pretty good lately!

Can't see us getting anything from this game unfortunately.

They have won all their away premier league games this season and they’ve gone behind in all six matches to win! 

Much as we are awful when we go behind, especially at home, there would be irony if we do lose the first goal then turn it around to win. 

In summary, I’ve no idea what team we will put out or how the match will end up; we are the unpredictables. 

4 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Chasing around looking for the smallest of Schadenfreude  statements, only Leads to a lost Corner deep within ones own frustration...

Bit like Xmas when one doesnt  get that One major present, One was Desperate for,

then Blame it on the reindeers & rudolf, because their noses werent shining bright enough..

Ole is no Cruyff but he’s probably as unfairly criticized as any manager in the modern era.  Considering the actual players he’s had to work with he’s done very well at Manure.  Budgets don’t win (and lose) matches - players do.

Really hard to predict, there’s been so much variance in performance from both sides. Whoever scores first is likely to win I think.

What works in our favour is we should have a shot in the arm from the new training ground and they played midweek. Hopefully we can capitalise on weariness.