Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Manchester United (H) Pre-Match

12 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Really hard to predict, there’s been so much variance in performance from both sides. Whoever scores first is likely to win I think.

well whoever scores first will  be odds on to go to win, so yes, pretty obvious whoever scores first will likely win.

Praying it is City who score first.

18 minutes ago, nnickn said:

well whoever scores first will  be odds on to go to win, so yes, pretty obvious whoever scores first will likely win.

Well, it's pretty obvious as a contributor on foxestalk that you'd want leicester to win. But thanks for sharing. 😃😆😘

• Haha 2

On 24/12/2020 at 00:44, messerschmitt said:

I'm amazed at the difference in Man U with and without Fernandes, He really makes the team tick, the difference in reults when he came in are quite stark, without him against West Ham they looked awful and West Ham could have easily been 2 or 3 up at half time. Enter Bruno at half time and they comfortably win and could of have scored more. I've not seen a better player yet this season.

Bruno is not very likeable for opposition fans but he is really a class above not just Man U players but the likes of Madders, Tielemans or other players we have. (Grealish is close, noting that Bruno is afterall surrounded by much better players at Man U compared to those at Villa).

We need him to be off his game just like how we had Kane the other day. But they still have Pogba so it is going to be hard. This is a game we need Praet to also be in the middle with Ndidi and Tielemans with Maddison dropped to the bench. With their defence very suspect when the opposition is quick, we need Barnes or Under on.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Bruno is not very likeable for opposition fans but he is really a class above not just Man U players but the likes of Madders, Tielemans or other players we have. (Grealish is close, noting that Bruno is afterall surrounded by much better players at Man U compared to those at Villa).

We need him to be off his game just like how we had Kane the other day. But they still have Pogba so it is going to be hard. This is a game we need Praet to also be in the middle with Ndidi and Tielemans with Maddison dropped to the bench. With their defence very suspect when the opposition is quick, we need Barnes or Under on.

Maddison is our most talented & innovative player. We need him to be creative. I don't believe that giving midfield control to Man U & sitting back is a plan to follow.  It should be a very similar set-up to Spurs but Maddison has to play.

• Like 1

Kasper

Albrighton Justin Fofana Evans Castange

Ndidi Tielemens 
                     Praet

Nacho

Vardy

Compact midfield, Ndidi to boss Fernandes and Tielemens to dictate.

Praet as a midfield 3 to press a bit higher. Press pogba when he’s on the ball, Pogba goes missing and gets lazy when he’s hassled. Give him time on the ball , you play into his hands. Praet over Madders for this game.

The question for me is who behind Vardy. Barnes pace or Nacho Hold up play? I went for Nacho because vs Utd you need someone who can drop a bit deeper and hold play up to allow support from the runners. Praet can support Vardy off Nacho.

Keep it tight 0-0 half time then 2nd half when the games stretched we have Madders, Barnes and Under to unleash.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I still find it incredible how many foxesforum fans & others,including Media are dramatically underrating both Ole & Lampard...

I  have believed since last season these two are going to take their clubs into a new successful era...

Chasing around looking for the smallest of Schadenfreude  statements, only Leads to a lost Corner deep within ones own frustration...

Bit like Xmas when one doesnt  get that One major present, One was Desperate for,

then Blame it on the reindeers & rudolf, because their noses werent shining bright enough..

If you were trying to convince me that ole is a good manager it has not worked. Man utd think throwing money at it will get them out of a mess that they have created. Has I said in my original post I don't think we will win today because man utd are a boggy team for us with only 1 win at home in that famous 5-3 match and if man utd do win ole still is had poor has they come

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Much like the spurs game I'm nervous for this one. Unlike Spurs though United will come right at us so we'll be tested far more at the back. It just depends which Leicester turns up for me

Agree BUT they are not exactly masters of defending.  Need to get at Maguire/Lindelof with pace.

United are there for the taking generally. Their defence is shite, midfield held together by Fernandez and Greenwood’s emergence and enthusiasm makes them a bit more interesting. Cavani is an obvious threat too. As long as we focus we could easily take these apart, it just depends which version of us turn up, so far the one team Rodgers has consistently got it wrong against United so far, let’s hope he doesn’t today because we could probably end Olly’s time there. 

1 hour ago, lcfc cowboys said:

If you were trying to convince me that ole is a good manager it has not worked. Man utd think throwing money at it will get them out of a mess that they have created. Has I said in my original post I don't think we will win today because man utd are a boggy team for us with only 1 win at home in that famous 5-3 match and if man utd do win ole still is had poor has they come

I Dont have to convince anyone........just saying has it is & will be....and written in  the Scripts throughout Valhalla...

8 hours ago, nnickn said:

You've not been paying attention to Man Utd this season then, they have come from behind in a number of games. The reason Ole is still getting a lot of stick is because they are very often shit in the first half but manage to recover in the second to win the game.

6 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Maddison is our most talented & innovative player. We need him to be creative. I don't believe that giving midfield control to Man U & sitting back is a plan to follow.  It should be a very similar set-up to Spurs but Maddison has to play.

I think this is an opinion and many do not agree that he is (yet). He has improved last two games so hopefully he will continue to do so. Praet is a very intelligent player too - he creates for the team through his movements. Madders is more of a flair player with nicer moves on the eyes but it does not mean he is more talented than some of our other players. And I don’t get what “innovative” or “creative” means? If anything, Tielemans is more “innovative” with his long passes that others do not see (and he can execute them; incidentally Ndidi can see them too but his techniques are poor), Barnes is more “innovative” when it comes to creating with his mazy runs especially against stubborn defences; Perez is more “innovative” in terms of his quick feet around the box and his snap shooting when defenders least expect it. Madders is good with twists and turns (but he should keep them to when needed to become more effective rather than a time waster and slows down play), turning players and the occasional good solo runs or not bad short to mid range passing near the box (but weight and angle of his passing and his movements off the ball still need a lot improvement to be near the “most innovative” label that gets thrown around, but I hope he does succeed).

Edited by Tom12345

No excuse today about being or looking tired had nearly a good week off I hope we come out the traps and play a blinder here.

I hate Utd equally as much as I hate spurs so beating these today will be absolutely amazing and I have complete faith we can beat anyone on our day.

For my FPL team im hoping for a 9 -0 win  but would take a scrappy 1 -0 🤣

Edited by Fox85
  • Like 1