Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 2-2 Man Utd - Post Match Thread

Just now, SO1 said:

I have to say it. Mike Dean is an absolute POS. Fernandes should have been Red carded twice. Once before he scored. That was a great effort by the men. Perez if only.

Yeah exactly. Who was that tackle on when he should’ve seen the second yellow? Justin?

4 minutes ago, Hansifüx said:

vardy and maddison are overrated, another own goal which will count as a vardy goal .... Barnes and Fofana are boss  and thanks to them we have a point

Too many E numbers over the festive period? 😂

Edited by justfoxes
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Thought we'd blown it when gave them the second. Need to start learning that in a season like this draws now and again aren't bad results. So glad we got another equaliser. 

Thought we started well but once again didn't do enough against De Gea really. He didn't get tested anywhere nearly enough.

Mike Dean is a cvnt. Should have second booked Fernandes purely on totting up offences. Didn't even play full injury time either. 

Don't quite get why we only made one sub though, would like to have seen Perez on earlier.

Satisfied with the draw I'd say

Just now, goody2028 said:

Yeah exactly. Who was that tackle on when he should’ve seen the second yellow? Justin?

To many to count he made 8 fouls after his yellow card.

After his 4th foul he should of been yellow carded again. That cheat should of hard 3 yellow today

Any point you get against them is a good one. We could have perhaps gone for it a bit more second half but they were always a threat so understandable we didn't want to take any risks. Albrighton worked his balls off again but he only gets his quality right 1 in 10, Maddison quiet but having him in the team helps us from an attacking point of view. Wish Barnes would have gone on the outside of the defender more, cut inside fat too much. Tielemans excellent first half but struggle a bit more second. Justin could maybe have done better with both goals, but it's tough against their front players.

Overall a positive result to follow up the spurs win, and now let's go win at Palace. 

1 hour ago, Kopfkino said:

Fernandes is one of the least likeable good footballer I’ve know. Proper ****

Proved that when he started chasing down a ball which he gave us back cos we knocked it out of play for injury 

Was dead happy how we’ve started until we then retreated into a submissive position. Thankfully got the fortune they had for their first goal 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

Just now, peterborofox said:

Thought we'd blown it when gave them the second. Need to start learning that in a season like this draws now and again aren't bad results. So glad we got another equaliser. 

Thought we started well but once again didn't do enough against De Gea really. He didn't get tested anywhere nearly enough.

Mike Dean is a cvnt. Should have second booked Fernandes purely on totting up offences. Didn't even play full injury time either. 

Don't quite get why we only made one sub though, would like to have seen Perez on earlier.

Satisfied with the draw I'd say

There needs to be some proper assessment of refs. When did you last hear of a ref being benched?  They cant all be perfect .... this suggests they are not being assessed.

• Like 1

Happy with that point in the end. Schmeichel saved us numerous times  outstanding shot stopping. 

Barnes was on song today, tore them to shreds at times. Shame Maddison was absent all game. 

But Rashford proving why he won't be a striker and why Cavani is still an exceptional player. United given all their big names, aren't the team they once were. 

Fernandes whilst is such a good player, is an absolute tosser. Lucky to stay on, numerous times we've heard that. Gets one booking but manages to avoid the same even with repeating the same foul all game

All things considered it’s a decent result.

Think we started sloppy, feared we were gonna see sideways football, after an early threat which should have been 1-0 we had a word with ourselves and improved. 

I think we started the 2nd half well but then after a couple of things didn’t work we kind of went within ourselves again and let Man Utd control the game. Which pissed me off because it seems so often to me we try stuff and it’s clearly not working but we persist with it - change it! However when we start well we don’t continue with it, we seem to give up on it.

As for our defending we’re so ****ing easy to play against, it’s a simple pass every time, splits us and the opposition are in.

On the whole I think a draw is the right result.