Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 2-2 Man Utd - Post Match Thread

Delighted with the resilience we showed coming back twice when in previous games like this we've crumbled. Ends their annoying away winning streak as well, would have taken the point before the game so really pleased.

Youri really is amazing to watch. And so much credit to JJ.....sheer hard work and determination has got him being one of our best players this season! 

Another big match goes by got Maddison....thought he could have come off but I guess Brendan is looking to make big changes Monday. 

One thing that got us in trouble was Evans not making his mind up quick enough....invited pressure then just has to chip it out of play. Their first goal came from that. 

Edited by Eskay
  • Like 2

I think defensively, we weren’t great today. Individual errors and too many today. I thought both of their goals were avoidable. However, you’ve also got to add the Rashford chance and the Martial offside goal to that. 

However, I don’t think we were too off it. To use one of Brendans favourite words, we showed character today. Great to come back twice, point on the board and move onto the next. 

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Will take a draw against a side in good away form. 

Happy with the character shown for coming back twice. 

Ndidi my man of the match. 

No idea how rat face got it lol

You must have watched a different game to me. He was far from his best. Youri was different class to all the midfielders on both sides today. 

5 minutes ago, Gevans_97 said:

Fantastic performance all around. Cannot for the life of me understand the negative comments re: Maddison and Albrighton. Thought we were brilliant to a man today. 

Albrighton was a 6/10, but I would say he was a 5/5 defensively and a 1/5 offensively - he had some very sloppy crosses and struggled to get any sort of incisive play going. Which was good overall, it was the right decision to start him, but when we were looking for a goal Perez or Under would have been much, much more useful - Perez proved that in the little time he had on.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Vazman said:

Because Glenn Hoddle had his Blinkers on, he only looks at how Man Utd could have won, I agree Ndid or Tielmans MOTM they played and worked alot harder than Fernandes!

Fernandes literally scored and assisted a goal, not much more he could do as a midfielder to not win MOTM.

He should have been sent off, and Youri was our best player, but it was an obvious choice for Fernandes to be MOTM.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

The post match analysis on my Malaysian stream is embarrassing, we have not been given a iota of credit even Fvcking Danny Simpson bigging them up.  Fernandez is the second coming in case you missed that.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, lanefox said:

How did bruno stay on the pitch?

Exactly. Blatant fouls throughout the second half. Seems like even the ref has a love-in with Bruno...

Hardly any mention of this on the BBC commentary, just full of plastic yanited fans from London/etc... As bad as the Liverpool armchair fans...

Get Youri on a new deal ASAP!! Fair result, didn’t cave twice after going behind, and brought their run to a halt. Some impressive displays this term, if we can consistently start breaking down sides who sit in, then we could conceivably have another special campaign 🦊💙. Certainly cheered up my self isolation over Christmas :scarf:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Why did we only make one substitution?

Surely with another match in two days he should have made all three to keep a few  key players fresher.

I think there was only one sub because BR wanted to keep the subs fresh for Palace. I expect it will be a completely different team (bar Kasper) for Palace.

• Like 1