Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Ricardo Pereira

46 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

He’s without doubt the best fullback to have played for us. Danny Simpson and Fuchs have they’re place in history but there’s not doubting what fully fit Ricardo was like. Sometimes carried us in games!

it’s rare for a fullback to be your best player but he clearly was … that’s in a team that had vardy as well 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I always thought he was too lightweight for the premiership.

A great talent never the less and so sad to see him injured again.

It's called the Premier League these days. In fairness, the last time this debate held any weight it was called the Premiership. At least you're consistent! 

Elite footballers today are in the vast majority small and lean.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

It's called the Premier League these days. In fairness, the last time this debate held any weight it was called the Premiership. At least you're consistent! 

Elite footballers today are in the vast majority small and lean.

Glad it's not just me that finds that very annoying.

Shamefully, I'd pretty much forgotten Riccy P 😢

Edited by FoyleFox
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

He probably is too lightweight for the Premiership, seeing as that's the Rugby Union leagues name.

• Haha 3

On 09/11/2022 at 22:35, Clever Fox said:

Is this serious? The guy was at the very top of the defensive stats at his peak. Sadly, your fears are likely to be realised if he does make a comeback

• Like 2

On 12/11/2022 at 20:58, dmayne7 said:

Is this serious? The guy was at the very top of the defensive stats at his peak. Sadly, your fears are likely to be realised if he does make a comeback

Yes, Sadly I made this statement when I seen him play for us.

He's playing in a high risk area as an FB where you have to make many challenges.

It's a shame because he is such a talent. But if we can get him back playing I think we should cash in and use the funds to find the next generation RB. As Ricky sadly is now a risky investment.

I know many won't agree with this view but we can't keep on losing 30+ mil pd players.  We're not Man City etc.

30 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Yes, Sadly I made this statement when I seen him play for us.

He's playing in a high risk area as an FB where you have to make many challenges.

It's a shame because he is such a talent. But if we can get him back playing I think we should cash in and use the funds to find the next generation RB. As Ricky sadly is now a risky investment.

I know many won't agree with this view but we can't keep on losing 30+ mil pd players.  We're not Man City etc.

No chance we get anywhere near 30m for Ricky post-injury, he would have to be injury free for 12 months before anyone considers buying him by that time he is over 30.

• Like 1

Just now, coolhandfox said:

No chance we get anywhere near 30m for Ricky post-injury, he would have to be injury free for 12 months before anyone considers buying him by that time he is over 30.

Yes, We need to get him playing first and prove his fitness.

Then it's a question of getting as much as we can for him.

As he's likely to continue getting injuries here, Which is what we don't need.

9 minutes ago, Sampson said:

I still think he’s a pretty good player when fit. Never the same since his lengthy injury of course, lost his explosive power, but still a pretty good player nonetheless.

I know we aren't exactly blessed with fullbacks now with the injury to JJ but if we don't get a RW in Jan I would be half tempted to play Ricky further forward on occasions. 

As someone mentioned above as a RB your in quite a high risk position. 

If Ricky P hadn’t got injured when he did (the 1st time) we’d have probably lost him to a bigger club anyway. He was definitely one of the top three RBs in the Prem.

It’s difficult to say what should happen from here. He needs to get back to full fitness and then he’d probably have to play a full season (major) injury free. By time that happens he’ll be in his early thirties and it might be the case of him having missed the boat for a big transfer. 

Of course, the alternative is that he never recovers back to previous form, which would be a great shame both for him and us. 

• Like 1

The new contract was absurd, considering he signed it after looking completely finished at this level for a good 6 months. The worrying thing for me, along with JJ, is that both have offered almost a non-existent attacking threat since their return. The reason that is so damaging, is because at their peak level of performance, it was that attacking threat which was actually their greatest defensive attribute. Both he and JJ rely on their pace to create chances and to defend, the fact both have seemingly lost a lot of it since their injuries is perhaps evidence that neither will realistically be every able to get back to those levels.

• Like 2