Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Ricardo Pereira

8 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

I really hope Ricardo is back and bullet proof. Him, Evans and Justin breathing down the neck of the current back 4 will be exactly what we need.

Praet, Soumare, Ndidi doing the same for midfield will keep them honest too.

All of a sudden it would look a competitive squad again.

Is is too early..?

Always hard to tell...I would expect he's done several hard sessions,the academy game is just the next step..

( Not like the reserves of old).

Spurs are not so a dirty or vicious team,but can put it about..So probably ideal..

He will take time before he becomes again a fully signed up member & first choice..simply because of his injury history...

2 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

A good thing about this is that Luke Thomas is probably one place further away from the first team. If Kristiansen is out both Ricky P and Castagne can play LB.

Not to be too harsh on LT, but his form this season has not been great. He probably needs some time away from the first team to get some form and confidence back 

I thought he did incredibly well when we won the FA Cup, but he's targeted so much by teams when he plays that it actually becomes a liability. I was staggered to see him and Barnes start down the left at the city ground. 

He will get a good Championship team come in for him on loan and then it's about seeing how well he does there. Could definitely do with the physical demands of that league. Definitely wouldnt write him off just yet.

7 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

I thought he did incredibly well when we won the FA Cup, but he's targeted so much by teams when he plays that it actually becomes a liability. I was staggered to see him and Barnes start down the left at the city ground. 

He will get a good Championship team come in for him on loan and then it's about seeing how well he does there. Could definitely do with the physical demands of that league. Definitely wouldnt write him off just yet.

I've never been a fan of poor LT. I never saw it, though he'd pull decent games out the hat from nowhere. FACup as you day, having Salah in his pocket etc .... Then when he came in v West ham etc, he did well. 

But it seems he got identified as the weak spot and targeted mercilessly by every team (from Newcastle onwards). It's been painful to watch and has cost us points. 

Thank goodness for Kristensen and. Now Ricardo 

Actually one of the few players (before new signings) who had a bit of a shithouse in him and doesn't mind leaving the odd tackle on players, like he did to Chilwell the other year.

Also still hilarious how wound up they got over Amartey, who actually was 4th choice at the time 😂

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, FosseSpark said:

I really hope Ricardo is back and bullet proof. Him, Evans and Justin breathing down the neck of the current back 4 will be exactly what we need.

Praet, Soumare, Ndidi doing the same for midfield will keep them honest too.

All of a sudden it would look a competitive squad again.

Having them all fit at the same time will be like night and day in terms of competition and cover.  It feels like we have been struggling with injuries for so long now. I just hope that Brendan isn’t caught like a rabbit in the headlights with suddenly having choices. It’s not like they are new to the team though like the Chelsea influx (or forest). 

3 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Fvck I really hope he can come back and stay injury free. At his best he’s the best player we have and one of the best fullbacks in the league. More than that he seems such a nice guy and deserves it. 

I almost agree, but should say the world👀

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Actually one of the few players (before new signings) who had a bit of a shithouse in him and doesn't mind leaving the odd tackle on players, like he did to Chilwell the other year.

Also still hilarious how wound up they got over Amartey, who actually was 4th choice at the time 😂

We do need a bit of shithousery in this team and we could have actually learned some lessons from that game at Stamford Bridge.

Between the FA Cup loss 3 days prior, Amartey, Champions League stakes on the line, and former City players in their squad, Chelsea had more than enough motivation to win this game and send a message. 

City play Spurs this weekend. They’ve beaten City 4 in a row, including games where they knocked City out of the CL, beat us in one of the most embarrassing stoppage times meltdowns in football history, and put 6 past us.

Putting aside the advantages a team with a higher payroll has, our team and our manager need to make put their own professional pride on the line and go out to really try to stick it to Spurs. They have more than enough sources of motivation to choose from in order to do this. This would be the type of game where a few tough tackles and heated confrontations would be welcome sights.

When he came back last time he looked every bit a broken player. He was slow and cautious, which is hugely problematic as his best attributes were his attacking runs....Which he didn't do after his last injury.

I think his goal against PSV has erased all the performances from people's memory. I hope, but doubt, that he will be good enough to challenge the first team. Although he might be fortunate that in the Summer we have to buy half a squad, so he won't be seen as an issue of importance. 

9 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

When he came back last time he looked every bit a broken player. He was slow and cautious, which is hugely problematic as his best attributes were his attacking runs....Which he didn't do after his last injury.

I think his goal against PSV has erased all the performances from people's memory. I hope, but doubt, that he will be good enough to challenge the first team. Although he might be fortunate that in the Summer we have to buy half a squad, so he won't be seen as an issue of importance. 

I'm kinda hoping a summer off plus 7 Futher months of gym work has allowed those hamstrings and niggles that followed his stop start comeback to have been resolved. 

Pre season, prior to the Achilles, some of the training footage he looked.on it.