Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brentford vs LCFC - Match Thread - 24/01/2021

4 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Miss the days we could keep 1-2 players on the halfway line when we were defending a corner

The stoke game title winning season where we kept mahrez vardy and Albrighton on the halfway line for their corners so they didn't pack the box with their giants was so good to see. Felt we were more of a threat than they were from their own corner. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

BR should be finieing players for that 1st half performance.

Amartey 4 weeks

Mendy 1 weeks 

Thomas 1 week

Barnes caution

Shocking

Under has been one of the best players on the pitch.

Brentford are ****ing wank as well we are making them look good nothing else

Nothing like an overreaction after one half of football 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guest StevieLynex
3 minutes ago, Sly said:

These are a good side and were always going to cause us issues.

They're missing their top goalscorer, Toney

4 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Anyone else feel that Brentford, well though they are playing, are getting every break of the ball?

Yeah, but that’s because they want it more. Plus the factI think our players are being more wary of the conditions. You make your own luck and we’ve done nothing to help that. 

Edited by when_you're_smiling
  • Like 2

That was difficult to watch. Cutting edge just isn't there and we clearly don't like being pressed and rushed. It will leave gaps open at the back but Perez just isn't good enough to exploit them. Barnes has near enough had two men on him the entire match and Thomas isn't providing enough support.

And the dreaded spectre of awful defending  from set pieces has returned. Ward just does not command his box enough, but his saves have kept us in this.

Kelechi for Perez. JJ for Thomas.

4 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

The opposition is irrelevant. Whoever we would be playing against today, this performance is simply unacceptable.

Pathetic defending, second to nearly every ball, and giving it up easier than a Geordie bird on a hen do when we do find ourselves in possession.

The lads need a rocket up their arse at half time. Never mind the changes, we have enough first teamers out there that are simply not performing.

We just look like we don't fancy it because it's a bit cold. I strongly dislike the phrase, but honestly, they need to man up.

This is what ****s me off. I can accept losing, and Brentford are a decent side but I wont accept a lack of effort and pride. They have totally outfought us in the 1st half whilst we have ponced about. Should have been 2-0 up after 5 mins and then after they scored our heads went and weve been garbage. Amartey needs hooking hes absolutely tragic 

• Like 1

Amartey has had a poor half. To call him a waste of space or championship at best after not playing for weeks shows just how short people’s memories can be. I mean - how long ago was it he was pretty much flawless in a 3 goal away win at MC? It’s one half - calm down. 

im just glad the posters here don’t make the roster decisions - if they did we would have gotten rid of Vardy, Maddison, Tielemans, Barnes, Albrighton, Ndidi, JJ, Mendy (& probably more) at some point. 

• Like 1

Apart from the first two mins a Poor performance. Brentford are a decent side but they have lots of players out and this is pretty much a reserve side of them full of youth.

Wilf will change the game. We are getting over run In midfield as neither Mendy or youri can overturn the ball and don't have the legs to get back. This makes Amartey even more a bombscare by being ran at by there players.

We will create chances but we need to up our game. All a bit slow and passive. 

I'd look to bring on Nacho as well shortly and even go two up top which will make Brentford think twice about pushing so far up pitch at corners and normal play.

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’m not personally. I don’t want to see any player kicked in the nuts. He needs to stay on and get his composure.

I would normally agree Col, but it seems like they're targeting him now, and he's feeling the pressure.