Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brentford vs LCFC - Match Thread - 24/01/2021

I'm not one to make excuses, but

Conditions aren't helping 

Some of our players are knocking the rust off, this is a good way to ease good players back in

We looked good the first 10 minutes

Fixture congestion made us swap players

Brentford's last ditch defending has been lucky

Ok, maybe I *am* one to make excuses.  lol :scarf:

Edited by Vacamion
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, lennybhoy said:

I come on during matches for the laugh...what a bunch of so called fans...unbelievable rubbish being printed here about some players.

It’s only being printed ......... if you hit the print button. 

1 minute ago, lennybhoy said:

I come on during matches for the laugh...what a bunch of so called fans...unbelievable rubbish being printed here about some players.

We’re 1-0 down to a championship team and nobody has said we’re going to get relegated yet. This is upbeat. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Generally think Steve Howard could beat Ayoze Perez in a 100m sprint, its like watching slow motion. Lack of pace upfront is very telling.

I like the way My Little Pony Perez skips and kicks his heels up at the back, if this was dressage he be in for a gold medal. Just don't introduce any fences though, bound to fall! 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sly said:

Technically he’s quite good. I’m not sure what his best position is, of where you’d play him though. 

Agreed. Put him on the wing and he isnt fast enough. Put him central and he isnt fast enough to find the right pass. He is technically good I agree.

3 minutes ago, Sly said:

These are a good side and were always going to cause us issues.

They are a Good side...gu with with...Barnes,Riccardo,Maddison, Tielemans  Soyu & Mendy in the side, we should of controlled this game...

But a cup tie is a cup tie....Leicester players have had a Slap in the face....Lets See if they have The mental strength to regroup..

Just now, Stevosevic said:

Concerning half. Nowhere near a full strength opposition.

Under and Ricardo not doing much up against a 17yr old LB...

You mean the 17 year old under and Ricardo have gone past over 20 times?

Putting in good deliveries but not having a STRIKER to bang them in

Just now, sishades said:

Absolutely nothing positive about that half...again zonal fecking marking needs to be banished to the banishment bin. Truly shocking all over the pitch.

There is always positives, sure there are more negatives from that half, positives for me Ward had a good half, Soyunchu and Ricardo getting mins in their legs.

Just now, volpeazzurro said:

Yes he has been poor but my point is so have others. Armarty is an easy target though and some wouldn't want to be seen criticising a forum favourite. As for the goal though, much of the blame should go to our coaching staff and shit zonal marking type approach. It's so predictable. 

Amartey has been stand out poor though. The lay off to their attacker in the centre of the pitch and the undehit back pass being examples. That’s probably why he’s getting the adverse comments. If Vardy plays shit in a game I’ll say so in a match thread. The overall opinion on a player can be entirely different to a bad performance. Anyway, hoping he improves in the second half. I missed the goal but it sounds like a car crash 

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

It’s not dangerous if we don’t counter what they’re doing

Sigh, that was the original point that I was responding to about currently not leaving Barnes up high for corners. :doh:

2 minutes ago, Sly said:

Technically he’s quite good. I’m not sure what his best position is, of where you’d play him though. 

Perez best position is the Second striker role that Maddison has been playing the last few weeks

I thought Under should have cut his early shot back. I know he’s eager to say, as he’ll be looking to make a statement.

Other than set pieces, we’ve not exactly been at sixes and sevens. 

The conditions will play a part and we just need to get a grip of the game.