Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC vs Leeds - Match Thread - 31/01/2021

11 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Scrape a lucky draw against a terrible Everton who get schooled by Newcastle (NEWCASTLE!!!) three days later, and now ****ed it against newly promoted Leeds.

We all know Nachoman Randy Savage is crap, but **** me, why keep starting Perez who has been an utter failure since joining last season?

This is all on Rodgers.

So it's all on Rodgers that we're 3rd in the league then?........... Melt

• Like 3

When it comes to a dogfight Mendy and Perez aren’t up to it I’m afraid. 

For all Under’s faults he’s direct and poses a threat and would have given them more to think about. Perez doesn’t have that presence to concern teams. 

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

Lost at home to villa, leeds, west ham, fulham and Everton. As good as we are doing this season, that is honking. Defensively weve been tripe today but more worryingly, the chances we are missing is just ridiculous. As crap as Nacho is, he has got to start, perez offers nothing at all. Get Vardy on in a wheelchair if needed 

Certainly hard to argue with the first sentence 

• Haha 1

Just now, Staff said:

Last time we played them with this formation, we had a bit of form and we were lucky they didn't pull level. Teams found out how to play us with this formation and low and behold, we've lost this way, again. Its down to the manager, its cost us today and hopefully he doesn't do it again, because it doesn't fecking work 

Leeds have played well today with intent - credit to them -  albeit looking as chaotic as us at the back. Although our chances have been few and we have lacked creativity - two of them were clear cut. 

If you wish to attribute this loss solely to the change in system, then by all means feel free. I don't agree. 

I just think we’ve been naive today. We know that we’re light up front so after a getting a great goal out of nothing early on it’s just about keeping hold of the ball for a while, avoiding unforced errors, not being too expansive and definitely not about giving them a cheap goal straight back. Had a bad feeling about the game as soon as that one went in tbh

1 minute ago, BlackFox said:

You mean the manager let us down

Yeah, his fault Maddison sets off two Leeds counters and that we have two impotent strikers as backup to Vardy. We've had plenty of chances today but Leeds have been sharper.